Sign in to follow this  
dave545

NJ ONE GUN A MONTH LAW NOT ACTIVE READ <<Opinion>>

Just went to my Local PD in WEST LONG BRANCH and the officer told me that i am allowed to apply for SIX pistol permits a month the law has not gone through apparently or is currently suspended so go out and get those permits i personally applied for 2 today

Just went to my Local PD in WEST LONG BRANCH and the officer told me that i am allowed to apply for SIX pistol permits a month the law has not gone through apparently or is currently suspended so go out and get those permits i personally applied for 2 today

I'll say it again..you can apply for as many PERMITS as you like...but you can ONLY purchase One handgun in a 30 day period. the law IS in Effect, you WILL be charged for violating it. Stop Spreading rumors when you dont know WTF you're talking about.

Can you actually be charged for it? Sure I can look it up, but I can't remember off hand when i bought my last gun. Wouldn't the state police just deny you or something instead of probably a felony charge or some BS?

NJSP will be itching to charge someone to use aa an example. Im Trying to remember if it's a DP or Indictable offense as the law is written. I dont have a copy of it here, and the 2C: book i have was Obviously published before this came into being.

Do you actually want to be the example of the NJSP??? I wouldnt. I was at the gunshop today and some guy had a problem. They thought he was there earlier than 30 days trying to buy another gun. Turns out it was his 31st day and he could buy a gun. I dont know how they knew but the store knew.

I think the NJSP is keeping track somehow.

Regardless, NJSP officially is useless to me. I just received a letter in the mail from my PD (dated on the 18th, and just arrived today... couldn't have just called me on Thursday) saying that NJ SBI never returned my mental health form... mind you I applied on 21 OCT of last year.

This is just another example on how you can not rely on your local PD for information regarding laws. I had a customer who was told by the sheriff he was able to drive with loaded magazines. A big no no! Do not trust your local PD for information. Sometimes they will just say something so they dont look like they do not know. One gun a month is real and as I understand it a felony.

Do you actually want to be the example of the NJSP??? I wouldnt. I was at the gunshop today and some guy had a problem. They thought he was there earlier than 30 days trying to buy another gun. Turns out it was his 31st day and he could buy a gun. I dont know how they knew but the store knew.

I think the NJSP is keeping track somehow.

Really? And gunshop was this? Why wasn't I texted? Shame on you sir, shame shame shame!

Yeah, I just want to concur that for you to try this out in a state that hates your right to bear arms, you will most likely never touch a gun again. You will most likely be in the star ledger as the 'man who violated the one gun a month law'

It may open up an interesting discussion, but bottom line in NJ is, they want your guns....

Dont mess around with it man,

...I had a customer who was told by the sheriff he was able to drive with loaded magazines. A big no no! ...

Please cite the NJ law that outlaws driving with loaded magazines (not loaded in the firearm but in a separate container).

X2! Loaded mags are legal.