david8613

baretta px 4 storm vs glock 22 4th gen

i had my heart set on a glock 22 for its simplicity but i ran into a nice baretta px4 storm from a friend and was wondering if i would be missing anything going with the baretta?

I own a Glock 34 and have owned several other Glocks in various calibers and frame sizes. I also have owned (and still do) Beretta. My opinion is that the Glock really shines in its 9mm guns. I think that in a snappy caliber like 40S&W you may be better served with the Beretta PX4 Storm. It has a rotating barrel system that really soaks up recoil amazingly well, and much better than the Glock models in 40S&W(G22 and G23) using the standard tilting barrel. I regret having gotten rid of my Beretta Cougar, which was the metal predecessor to the Storm Px4.

+1 on the Px4, the 9mm version is a real nice pistol.

Lunker is right, I've shot both versions of Glock (19) and Px4 and you do feel more recoil in the Glock, the rotating barrel is the reason.

RayRay's opinions on anything Glock related should be completely ignored. :hand:

I didn't say I didn't like to shoot a Glock, it's just the grip angle and feel aren't as good as that Px4. Pete, I'll bring my Px4 for you on Tuesday and you tell me what you think.

I didn't say I didn't like to shoot a Glock, it's just the grip angle and feel aren't as good as that Px4. Pete, I'll bring my Px4 for you on Tuesday and you tell me what you think.

Sounds good bro - I look forward to it. And, on a related note, you sure do have a lot of guns I never knew about! First it was the CX4, then it was the HiPower.. now the PX4 :lol: Shneaky Shneaky

Sounds good bro - I look forward to it. And, on a related note, you sure do have a lot of guns I never knew about! First it was the CX4, then it was the HiPower.. now the PX4 :lol: Shneaky Shneaky

There's more suprises about me that you'll soon find out! :gay-imgay: :gay-imgay: :gay-imgay:

Yeah - bring the px4 (and the cx4 if you can). I'd love to see how the px4 compares to a 92.

I bought the CX4 last time and everyone said it kicks to hard and they were crying about their shoulder hurting. I'll defenitly bring the px4 though. Bring your wonderful M&P please!

I bought the CX4 last time and everyone said it kicks to hard and they were crying about their shoulder hurting. I'll defenitly bring the px4 though. Bring your wonderful M&P please!

I wanna feel this tremendous recoil for myself :lol: M&P & Glock will be in attendance as always

+1. I shot Lunker's on Tue night and there really wasn't much recoil.

I only noticed recoil on the Storm when I had no stock spacers on it. It put my face too close to the sight on the stock. I added two spacers on and that made the issue go away.

cause ray ray didnt say it just get a springfield xd HAHAHA

X2.. I love my XD9 light years over my 92FS. However, I have held the PX4 (not shot) and it feels very nice and balanced. I like the Glock but the grip angle is so much different to me because I am used to the 1911 style angles. Oh well, to each his own. Get what feels best or just get both... :D

Ray which pistols did you have with you when we met up? One was olive drab(SR9 I think) and I don't remember which pistol Bob had. You have a Browning and you're holding out??? I need to know these things. :) It's time for a new pistol and I need to find what I like. :D