rh1030

Caliber changing

I doubt this is legal in nj, but I was wondering if you are allowed to change the caliber of an ar type rifle to something other than 5.56? I am building one right now and while I am going to go with 5.56 I was just wondering if I would be able to switch to 6.8 later or would I have to buy a whole new rifle? Are the rules same for handguns (ie .22 conversion)?

Thank you

Completely fine. A good example are the .22 conversion kits you can purchase anywhere for the AR.

Regarding changing from a .223/5.56 to a 6.8, the only thing I could think of that might have some issues are magazines. Most magazines would be fine from my understanding, but some brands might have issues fitting into the mag well (which is an issue with some .223/5.56 magazines regardless).

It is fine. In fact, since the "gun" part of an AR is the lower receiver, you can do anything you want with the upper receiver.

I have an AR that has a 223 top and a 50 BMG top...

50 beowulf or BMP? Pics or it doesn't exhist!

SWEET!!! I wasn't sure so I thought I would ask. I never know with Jersey's laws. Thanks for clearing that up. Since that is the case I will play with the 5.56 for a while and then get the .50!

I know this is the AR section, but what about handguns that can convert to .22 or .357 etc.?

It is fine. In fact, since the "gun" part of an AR is the lower receiver, you can do anything you want with the upper receiver.

I have an AR that has a 223 top and a 50 BMG top...

50 beowulf or BMP? Pics or it doesn't exhist!

Hes talking BMG Ray, check it out http://www.tactilite.com/#

Wow, that thing is dope! I wa confused becuase I'm thinking, "there's no way a 50BMG round would fit in the mag well. But a single shot bolt gun, hell yeah!

Actually i was browsing the site and they have a side magazine fed bolt as well.

Wow, that thing is dope! I wa confused becuase I'm thinking, "there's no way a 50BMG round would fit in the mag well. But a single shot bolt gun, hell yeah!

Bolt action. Doesn't use the mag well....Bohica MK-III

4399531675_c1420488ce_b.jpg

Well Melg, have you shot it yet? Range report please.