Sign in to follow this  
georgemc

www.glowammo.com

WOW. I find this VERY interesting. It states its non incindiary. Good. I had this idea MANY moons ago that if someone could develop a non incindiary "visually marked" round that I had an idea for an application. That application would be to load the last three round of your mag with this ammo. In an adrenaline dump situation who the hell is counting rounds. With the last three being visually marked, you would get the "low feul" warning and reload. Now about it not giving away position, id have to see that. What if your enemy was behind you and you were in concealment?

Ha, isn't that the point? Who would use this type of ammo for the purpose of EW if they're not trained for it? Hell, who would actually count on using a firearm for HD/self defense purposes without having been trained? (Though that's an argument in itself that I'd rather not delve in to.)

For people who do, I agree its a great idea. Relying on how the bolt being locked back feels/sounds isn't 100%-- and this added measure would be good way to fortify that decision making.

ETA: In an actual HD situation, I know the argument is that it would last for maybe a magazine (probably less) if the situation even escalated to that point. Do I think something like this is worth it for the average consumer? Probably not necessary. Does it look like a good training tool/s--- and giggles? Yes, definitely.

May need to double check the legality of shooting it in NJ:

NJSA 2C:58-10

2C:58-10. Incendiary or tracer ammunition

No incendiary or tracer type ammunition shall be discharged anywhere in this State except for law enforcement purposes by law enforcement officers in the course of their official duties or by members of legally recognized military organizations during the actual course of their official duties in or upon military establishments or ranges constructed or maintained for such purposes. Nonincendiary shotgun tracer ammunition may, however, be used on a trap or skeet field for target purposes. Nothing in this section shall prohibit the carrying or possession for distress signal purposes of a visual distress signalling device approved by the United States Coast Guard aboard a private or commercial aircraft or any boat.

I should have been clearer. I was in fact refering to people who train. By default I am always refering to dedicated shooters :)

Dirty, Im not sure the statute would apply. Tracers are a problem because they start fires. If I read correctly this ammo produces no heat and is not incindiary.

...Dirty, Im not sure the statute would apply. Tracers are a problem because they start fires. If I read correctly this ammo produces no heat and is not incindiary.

Not sure it would either, but there's no specific exclusion for non-incendiary tracer ammo besides the shotgun/skeet use.