Sign in to follow this  
JimmyAGR

Joining CJRPC this month?

Hello All,

I have never been to CJRPC but have heard good things about it. I am hoping to join it at the end of the month (last Wed, Mar 31st). I know there are members on this board who frequent there and hope I can ask some questions.

First and foremost is it worth it? I don't mind paying if I can get my monies worth, :p

When shooting at the outdoor ranges do you need your own target holders? If so are there any recommendations, or should I just make my own out of PVC? Can you use steel target (steel plates) when shooting there?

The web site states the indoor pistol range is open 24 hrs a day, are there any restrictions?

Is there anything I need to know before I go to the orientation meeting?

Thanks for all the help,

Jimmy

I am not a member but had visited there. I am sure the members will agree. If you shoot a few times a month, it is worth it.

the outdoor ranges already have the holders in the ground, you just need the target.

indoor range is 24 hours, however no rifles in there, even if it is a pistol caliber. the indoor range is 50 ft though, not a standard 25 yards.

Worth it is relative to how often and how many different disciplines you shoot. If you shoot bow, skeet/trap, pistol and rifle and hunt it is definitely worth it. I dont know where else you can do all that in one place. The yearly fees have climbed over the years but from what I understand, if you get involved a bit more than I have, you can get a fair amount of credits to diminish the yearly fee.

Thanks Guys,

I shoot rifle and pistol. I have never shot trap/skeet but I'm always open to new types of shooting. I like the idea of having the 300 yd. distance, as I believe this is the longest distance range in my area. Also the idea of being able to use the pistol range at various times is also a plus. You know sometimes you just can't fall asleep....

Jimmy

i would say its worth it. You can shoot any discipline there. You have to bring your own targetg holders. (real estate, or election signs work just fine for me)

Indoor range: 24/7 Pistols only (except .22 rifles) no black powder.

The club itself has very few rules other than common sense (safety)

Clean up after yourself.

No range officers, so police yourself. (It is a member owned club, so If I see you doing something stupid, I will bring it to your attention)