coldsolderjoint

Good scope for .308 Zombie/shtf rifle

i should change my name to nikon fanboy.

In the sub 300 range, I love the pro staff scopes, with the BDC reticle.

If you want to go into the high 400's, Nikon Monarch line.

More than welcome to come shoot mine.

I have a prostaff 3-9x40 on my brother's ar, and a monarch 6-24x50 on my remington 700.

the glass is truly nikon quality and would put it up against any other.

the best value, and what I am picking up for my vepr will be a prostaff, another one 3-9x40.

If I were looking for inexpensive glass, the first thing I'd consider would be the new Redfields - especially the 4-12x40.

http://www.redfield.com/riflescopes/

Made right here in the USA, in the Leupold factory. $210 - $220 (depending on reticle chosen) MSRP - means you can probably buy these "on the street" for sub-$200 prices. Looked at one up at AP's Allentown show a couple weeks ago and was impressed. YMMV.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I was thinking about to much mag also... but if your going to be trying to hold them off at 500 yards from the roof... go for it.

+1 to the Bushnell Elite 10x.. It is a GREAT optic. And can be found for $150+... saving you some ammo money

I have a Mueller 2-7x32 on my .22. It's got a lit reticle, nice eye relief, crystal clear, holds zero through my abuse and was mounted on my shotgun for a while. It is designed for recoil.

I can recommend these scopes.

----------

Mueller 2 - 7x32 mm Multi Shot Scope

Other products by Mueller

Price: $139.00

o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o

In stock.

Processing takes an additional 2 to 3 days for orders from this seller.

Ships from and sold by OneClickShooting.

2 new from $139.00

If you got deep pockets, when it comes out, there's always the Leupold CQBSS 1.1-8X. Rumored price is $2500-2800 :D

Supposedly it was designed with .308s in mind.

Not mounted to a .308, but this video goes over the features:

UJwhe_Mg05s

ETA: I only skimmed the OP and missed the most important part.. $2-300... so nevermind :lol:

Sorry but at that price point Id probably go USO

I agree somewhat. The price is pretty out there. That said, I don't think USO, or anyone else that I can think of off the top of my head, has a 1.1x8 optic. Checked NF and S&B and they don't seem to. But, I'm sure someone else will come out with something similar soon enough and hopefully at a better price point...

I have a Weaver Variable 1x3 on an AR15. I really like the lightness and relative compactness of the scope. Price is roughly $150. Also considering their 2x7 Variable. Just $20 or so more than the 1x3.

Also, check out the AR series from Leupold. The price for the 1x4 (maybe it's the 1.5x5) is roughly $260 or so. I understand these are based on the VXII scopes.

I also have the Super Sniper scope mentioned elsewhere in this thread, mounted on an Armalite AR10. Really nice scope, but long and heavy. These days, I'm into light and small.

Also, check out the AR series from Leupold. The price for the 1x4 (maybe it's the 1.5x5) is roughly $260 or so. I understand these are based on the VXII scopes.

I need to look this one up - saw an ad for it in a magazine recently.. but don't really know much about it. The price certainly piqued my curiosity.

S&B 1x8 ffp ret sfp dot!

Have you heard anything good or bad about the new S&B?

Read a quick blurb on another forum where someone who I believe has shot both the S&B 1x8 and the new Leupold CQBSS 1x10 and he was of the opinion that the Leupold was much better than the S&B. Granted, the forum I read it on isn't exactly what I would consider a "subject matter expert" type site, but the guy that made the comparison does have a good reputation on the gun boards (currently works for Knight's Armament). Doesn't really matter I guess, as both are SOOOOOOOO out of my price range it makes me want to cry.

We got the S&B in at the shop but I havent had a chance to get in there and put my finger prints all over it. I have heard that the Loopy was well recieved, I just personally dont care for the brand. And like you said EXPENSIVE!. I was actually thinking about the Specter 1.5X6, a bargain compared to these two!