imperialfish

Hogue Grips Which Ones ??

imperialfish,

Order a few styles/types from them.

Try them on the piece, and pick the one you really like the most.

Send the others back to the company for refund.

I have done this with the grips I use for my S&W N frame Model 22-4 Revolver.

Worked for me without any problems.

Bill

The 226 is already a handful, being a double-stack gun. The wraparound Hogues usually add bulk to an already fat grip. If you have large hands and can handle the extra bulk, then order what you wish. If you are already maxed-out you'll want just the panels - and even those will be larger than the stock polymer grips.

I have Sig Aluminum grips on my P226 - I have average sized hands and these feel the best to me - fat where they need to be fat and slim where they should be - not necessarily the slimmest overall - just the best profile I've found. I understand that the Hogue aluminum or G-10 grips also offer a slimmer profile. There are some neat grip surfaces available on either of those. When finances allow, I intend to pick-up a set of G-10's in the Pirhana texture for my P220. Grips are like holsters - we have a drawerful of ones that just weren't quite right - or is that just me?

As you can see, I'm a Hogue fan...

hoguegrips.jpg

plus all my magnum revolvers (and my J-frame snubby) wear Hogue rubber grips.

Good luck!

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Im planning on replacing my stock grip for a sig p226. Which grips are better teh wrap around or teh standard grips ??

Effin argh. :doh: My small ass hands can't take the fata** grips. I'd love to shoot it before you put them on so can make my final decision between the 226 and the 92fs.

ChrisJM981 let me know when you want to meet up. If your free on sunday i might head over.

I also had my mind set on the sig and the 92fs. You know what i picked.... I still really like the 92fs it will be part of my collection one day.

Next up with be a 1911 if i can find someone too shoot first to see if i like them.

I just put the rubber grips from hogue on my 226. I like them much better than the stock ones. Really fills in the hand now and grips nicely. Only issue is they will wear over time and probably need replacing sooner than later

ChrisJM981 let me know when you want to meet up. If your free on sunday i might head over.

I also had my mind set on the sig and the 92fs. You know what i picked.... I still really like the 92fs it will be part of my collection one day.

Next up with be a 1911 if i can find someone too shoot first to see if i like them.

I think Matt (our North Zombie Extermination Squad decoy) has a sweet .45. I don't remember what make it is. I'm off on Wednesdays and Thursdays currently. Wednesdays at the BH are crowded due to police re-qualifying. This Sunday they'll be closed for Easter I believe. I'd bang out of work again for the bi-weekly meet-up, but I'm running out of vacation time for the year and it's only April. :roll: