Sign in to follow this  
LorenzoS

Belt or Paddle Holster for IDPA?

Heres the Gambit I just ran. I went Belt. Wanted a Comp Tac. Backorded to unknown delivery so I started to hunt around for Blade tech. Stumbled across a Safariland. Couldnt find diddly about it for reviews. Took a chance. Bought it. Its fine. If I progress to a level it is not sufficient, it was still worth the 33 bucks to get going. Always good to have a spare :) .

It was recommended at the Shongum class to avoid paddles, lest they come off along with your gun while drawing from the holster.

I have the Safariland, and it fits and draws very nicely, unlike the POS Fobus nightmare that I had.

Damn Ken...I didnt have any problems w/my Fobus paddle at the class. I think it depends on the type of belt your wearing and if the paddle is properly inserted with the belt? I used a Fobus padle w/my G19 for USPSA and it deployed and seated perfectly all tho it was a little stiff at first?

Damn Ken...I didnt have any problems w/my Fobus paddle at the class. I think it depends on the type of belt your wearing and if the paddle is properly inserted with the belt? I used a Fobus padle w/my G19 for USPSA and it deployed and seated perfectly all tho it was a little stiff at first?

Okay. All I know is what Mike told me, both last week and in the past when I've asked the same question. As to the Fobus nightmare, the holster I got that was supposed to be made for my gun, and was marked as being made for my gun, didn't even come remotely close to fitting my gun. It may have been defective, but I moved on from there.

I forgot to end my post with the usual disclaimer.

YMMV

I can only give you my experience and opinion. I want a holster that, when I draw my pistol, I know its going to stay on the belt. If a paddle holster works for you, good for you. Of course, if you draw your pistol on Saturday, holster and all, I will laugh at you. And no, you will never hear the end of it.

Also, some of the really serious shoots have a drawer full of holsters they bought before they found one they liked. I listened to the experienced guys and like every holster I have.

Ok... I have belt and paddle holsters. Some stay better then others.... belts always stay if your belt is snug. That being said... i am a lefty and sometimes finding a holster for a specifc gun is a chore. I have had to buy paddles if i wanted to play.

I have drawn my holster.... it was not funny... actually it was. My own fault, I had not snugged my belt enough.

I am still going to show up sometime with a paddle depending on the gun I have.

Ok... I have belt and paddle holsters. Some stay better then others.... belts always stay if your belt is snug. That being said... i am a lefty and sometimes finding a holster for a specifc gun is a chore. I have had to buy paddles if i wanted to play.

I have drawn my holster.... it was not funny... actually it was. My own fault, I had not snugged my belt enough.

I am still going to show up sometime with a paddle depending on the gun I have.

Come by this Saturday or anytime. That's the thing with the paddle holsters and mag pouches, if the fit and belt are good, it will work. But if things aren't quite right, you've got problems.