Chad

Photos from Ft. Dix. . . 4-2-10 (PIC HEAVY)

First, the skeet. . . ( I made a slideshow, but it doesn't seem to be working on here, so. . . )

FtDix4-2-10024.jpg

FtDix4-2-10062.jpg

FtDix4-2-10063.jpg

FtDix4-2-10065.jpg

FtDix4-2-10075.jpg

FtDix4-2-10081.jpg

FtDix4-2-10058.jpg

FtDix4-2-10091.jpg

FtDix4-2-10059.jpg

FtDix4-2-10061.jpg

FtDix4-2-10093.jpg

FtDix4-2-10053.jpg

FtDix4-2-10056.jpg

FtDix4-2-10039.jpg

FtDix4-2-10057.jpg

FtDix4-2-10036.jpg

FtDix4-2-10035.jpg

FtDix4-2-10025.jpg

And now the rifle range. . .

FtDix4-2-10125.jpg

FtDix4-2-10126.jpg

FtDix4-2-10130.jpg

FtDix4-2-10131.jpg

FtDix4-2-10133.jpg

FtDix4-2-10139.jpg

FtDix4-2-10141.jpg

FtDix4-2-10144.jpg

FtDix4-2-10118.jpg

FtDix4-2-10123.jpg

FtDix4-2-10115.jpg

FtDix4-2-10116.jpg

FtDix4-2-10106.jpg

FtDix4-2-10112.jpg

FtDix4-2-10101.jpg

FtDix4-2-10104.jpg

FtDix4-2-10097.jpg

FtDix4-2-10099.jpg

Great pics Chad, thanks very much for posting them! Tony, that new Remmy of Chads was awesome. That round just exploded out of there! The only thing is they put the damn bolt on the wrong side?

lol John, looks like you enjoyed yourself. I know you've been wanting to do some skeet shootin'

Yes I did Tony!!! AWESOME round! I was hitting small apples at 200 yds! It was EXPLODING coconuts, we were finding small chunks 100yds away! Destroyed cans and stuff too, 22-250 is my new favorite round. I zero'd it in at 50 yds, and it was holding zero out to 200! Very flat shooter.

hahaha John, its on the perfect side for me! :) All you weird righty people have a problem with it.

I had a great time today. Started off at the pistol range for an hour waiting until the rifle range cleared up. Got the AR sighted in pretty well, even out to 150 yards. I definitely need to get myself a spotting scope though. Also messed around a bit with the trusty 10/22. Next time I'll have to bring some fun targets, like filled plastic bottles, fruit, coconuts etc...

It was nice meeting a bunch of you for the first time.

Chad - Thanks for letting me shoot your 22-250. Very impressive! :handgestures-thumbup:

JonF - Thanks for letting me shoot the Finn. I need to get myself one!

Maks - Jealous of the Sig! I'm kicking myself for not getting one instead of the AR! It shoots So nice! Now if they ever make one in .308, I'm all over it! Gotta love Sigs! :drool:

Good times.

Good meeting a lot of you today. Sorry I didn't stick around when you guys hit the general range. I got back, cleaned my AR, and was immediately out the door -- and just got back again... pretty tired at this point... so, my apologies if I mix up names and faces ;)

Good seeing you again, Martin, as well as some of the new faces. njpilot, thanks for convincing me that I need to put a bolt action rifle at the top of my list now.

I had a great time today. Started off at the pistol range for an hour waiting until the rifle range cleared up. Got the AR sighted in pretty well, even out to 150 yards. I definitely need to get myself a spotting scope though. Also messed around a bit with the trusty 10/22. Next time I'll have to bring some fun targets, like filled plastic bottles, fruit, coconuts etc...

It was nice meeting a bunch of you for the first time.

Chad - Thanks for letting me shoot your 22-250. Very impressive! :handgestures-thumbup:

JonF - Thanks for letting me shoot the Finn. I need to get myself one!

Maks - Jealous of the Sig! I'm kicking myself for not getting one instead of the AR! It shoots So nice! Now if they ever make one in .308, I'm all over it! Gotta love Sigs! :drool:

Good times.

It was very nice meeting you today. . . I wish I knew you needed stuff to shoot, I had a trunk load of stuff you could have had! Reactive targets are definitely fun! :p I hear ya on the spotting scope, I need to get one as well, I was super impressed with Keith's. . . I forgot the brand but it was crystal clear. The waiting sucks, thats what I always try to go on wednesdays, 1/2 the benches are usually empty during the week, and the skeet is usually even quieter. I can remember years ago when dix was not very known, boy has it changed.

Now you are committed.

Sig is starting to produce a Sig 556 in a 308, trying to pull up pics and model number.

Only Sig coming in .308 that I know of is the Sig 716, though that's an AR variant-- not the same type of design like the current 556 models.

ss716.jpg

Earlier in the day i was trying to "finish off" a cantelope Lunker left behind. Problem was, i only had surplus FMJ for my K31 which was just piercing clean though rather than blow it to smithereens like the HP's Chad was firing out of his Remmy. Anyways, since the K31 was scoped and a real tackdriver, i realized all i could do was "paint" a face on it, Riggs style. :lol:

melon.jpg

Also that day, i was trying to inflict some more damage on my home made steel "gong" target--a 1" steel place but not hardened Brinnell armor. It got pocked up pretty good and i rained about 100rds of .223 on it at the 200yd mark. The hits were scattered but with some more practice, i'd like to try to just drill through it by jsut concentrating on hitting it in the same spot with a few hundred rounds. Or.... maybe a few hits with some M855 would do it in?

IMG_0306.JPG

And Chad, Shane and the others interested in a cheap armor plate gong, here is the plate i ordered from Wideners hanging from a piece of 6' rebar bent into a simple frame.

IMG_0305.JPG

Now you are committed.

Sig is starting to produce a Sig 556 in a 308, trying to pull up pics and model number.

Only Sig coming in .308 that I know of is the Sig 716, though that's an AR variant-- not the same type of design like the current 556 models.

It would have to be like the current 556 design. Now if one does come out, I'll have to find a sweet deal like Maks did! :handgestures-thumbup:

Yes I did Tony!!! AWESOME round! I was hitting small apples at 200 yds! It was EXPLODING coconuts, we were finding small chunks 100yds away! Destroyed cans and stuff too, 22-250 is my new favorite round.

You should see what it does to a groundhog. It's _BEEN_ my favorite round for 20+ years. I just don't have the gun to shoot it. I shot my step-dad's many many times at furry rodents and it is accurate and sounds like a cannon.

Earlier in the day i was trying to "finish off" a cantelope Lunker left behind. Problem was, i only had surplus FMJ for my K31 which was just piercing clean though rather than blow it to smithereens like the HP's Chad was firing out of his Remmy. Anyways, since the K31 was scoped and a real tackdriver, i realized all i could do was "paint" a face on it, Riggs style. :lol:

melon.jpg

Also that day, i was trying to inflict some more damage on my home made steel "gong" target--a 1" steel place but not hardened Brinnell armor. It got pocked up pretty good and i rained about 100rds of .223 on it at the 200yd mark. The hits were scattered but with some more practice, i'd like to try to just drill through it by jsut concentrating on hitting it in the same spot with a few hundred rounds. Or.... maybe a few hits with some M855 would do it in?

IMG_0306.JPG

And Chad, Shane and the others interested in a cheap armor plate gong, here is the plate i ordered from Wideners hanging from a piece of 6' rebar bent into a simple frame.

IMG_0305.JPG

Sweet, was that the k31 you got from me?

Sweet, was that the k31 you got from me?

Yes, the very same one! Its a great shooter, although thats no surprise being a swiss gun but i'm defintely enjoying shooting this gun.

Let me buy it back :lol::lol::lol: Nah.. j/k.. it was a shame i didn't shoot it often.

I wouldnt put it past you. You will buy it back.... then sell it to tim. =)