Melgamatic

Anyone a Ford employee or have a relative?

I am looking to buy a new 2011 F250 Superduty, and learned that current or retired Ford employees can issue four "X Plan" PINs a year, which allow the receiver to purchase the Ford vehicle at very good discounts. The PINs can go to any friend.

Is anyone a retired or current Ford employee, or maybe have a close friend or family member who would be willing to help me buy a new Ford?

Thanks, Dave

I've got an X employee that is now a salesman @ Seabreeze Ford in Wall.. His name is John Peterson.. he only started there a few months ago, so i'm not sure what the discount deal is.. he's a great guy and will take good care of you.., could be worth a call if nobody here can help you directly..

Thanks. Salespeople are actually either a) not Ford employees, but rather employees of the dealership, which is kept separate, or b) not eligible because they'd offer their X-Plan discount PINs to close deals, which is not what Ford wants.

But, I appreciate the suggestion.

-Dave

Dealership employees still get A plan pricing. It's still pretty good I think it's only $200 or so more then X plan. Plus A plan is easy to get then X cause I think they need proof of an X plan purchase but no A plan. Sorry I used to work for a Ford dealer.

A plan is for Ford Employees and Retiree's. It is the lowest discounted plav offered by Ford. X plan is the easier to get.

D plan is what dealership employees get and it's the same as A plan, just referneced differently.

X plan is what Ford employees can give to friends and family. It also can be obtained if your company you work for has an angreement with Ford. I ge X plan working for Verizon, I also get the same discounts for Chrysler and Chevy. The x plan figures are as follows (a plan price + 4% + $150). When you ask to see the invoice, the prices will be right on the invoice. It clearly states, a plan and x plan.

Go to fordtruckworld.com. There are plenty of guys that can help out. At least there was a time when people would hook others up, not sure now. The site ahs gone way down since it began back in 2001.

Xplan generally is close to the invoice price of the vehicle. It within $200. I have negotiated better deals then x plan at times. I just can't afford buying a new truck every two years anymore.

A plan is for Ford Employees and Retiree's. It is the lowest discounted plav offered by Ford. X plan is the easier to get.

D plan is what dealership employees get and it's the same as A plan, just referneced differently.

X plan is what Ford employees can give to friends and family. It also can be obtained if your company you work for has an angreement with Ford. I ge X plan working for Verizon, I also get the same discounts for Chrysler and Chevy. The x plan figures are as follows (a plan price + 4% + $150). When you ask to see the invoice, the prices will be right on the invoice. It clearly states, a plan and x plan.

Go to fordtruckworld.com. There are plenty of guys that can help out. At least there was a time when people would hook others up, not sure now. The site ahs gone way down since it began back in 2001.

Xplan generally is close to the invoice price of the vehicle. It within $200. I have negotiated better deals then x plan at times. I just can't afford buying a new truck every two years anymore.

Xplan is much lower then invoice pricing on (trucks at least as cars have much smaller margin).

A dealership employee (especially a saleseman) is not giving you his a plan pricing pin.

The problem is that the 2011 Superduty's are just arriving now (most dealers haven't received any yet), and have been getting great reviews, and the market for diesel large pickup trucks really hasn't suffered as much as the rest of the automotive market. There are only something like 3 trucks spec'd as I'd like in the entire East half of the country.

So, they don't have so much incentive.

That said, the guy in Tennessee looks like he is going to accept my offer of $1K over invoice (around $7K off sticker), and he'll give me what I want for my trade in, so I might be driving down to TN tonight.....

-Dave

The problem is that the 2011 Superduty's are just arriving now (most dealers haven't received any yet), and have been getting great reviews, and the market for diesel large pickup trucks really hasn't suffered as much as the rest of the automotive market. There are only something like 3 trucks spec'd as I'd like in the entire East half of the country.

So, they don't have so much incentive.

That said, the guy in Tennessee looks like he is going to accept my offer of $1K over invoice (around $7K off sticker), and he'll give me what I want for my trade in, so I might be driving down to TN tonight.....

-Dave

Stop by the VA nations gun show.

the purchase plans allow only immediate relatives to purchase -