mikeyboyeee

THAT TIME OF YEAR-DOIN MY FAV

man i miss my boat sometimes. I had a slip on the lake right next to manasquan inlet for 500.00 a year. Had to give it up when the lady passed. biggest striper i got off it was off of the twin towers near sandy hook. 42 lbs. Probably wont see another like that for a long time

man i miss my boat sometimes. I had a slip on the lake right next to manasquan inlet for 500.00 a year. Had to give it up when the lady passed. biggest striper i got off it was off of the twin towers near sandy hook. 42 lbs. Probably wont see another like that for a long time

You will if you fish live bunker between that and 'Squan in June- July.

Beautiful stripper. Looks like a cover page for "The Fisherman" magazine.

Nice fish! I've been eating stripper for the past two weeks. We've been getting some real nice fish out of the Mulica, got some marinating in the fridge now :D

All this talk of strippers has me looking for a brass pole. OH YOU MEAN STRIPER.

Sorry Mike, another dumb question. Do you troll for these bass or find a school and just cast into them?

it all depends.

Right now, in the bay, they are usually down deeper and feeding on clams and maybe bunker (bunker will be soon). So we either clam or troll them now in the bay and switch to bunker when we find them. You don't see them schooling up and feeding on surface in the bay right now.

Down by you and out front in the ocean, they just had an incredible run of bass schooling up and tearing up bait fish. This case you would either cast poppers or jigs to surfacing fish (under the birds) or drop jigs down if they are schooled up deep on bait.

This past weekend the school of big ocean bass was just south of Manasquan.

Since my wash down pump blew (got the warranty replacement yesterday) I didn't want to clam much as it is VERY VERY VERY messy and without a wash down pump, its no fun.

So, I have been trolling them. This Sat I will troll some more, then replace pump.

Since I can then use my bait well pump, I may search for bunker to live-line early Sunday Am and if none, I will troll them up.

I plan to stay in bay this weekend and not venture out front due to time constraints both days.

You will if you fish live bunker between that and 'Squan in June- July.

Sadly, i never really caught something big with the live bunker. it was my favorite way. The big one i got was my last shot of the night, just bouncing a diamond jig off the bottom. I had no other fish that night. Funny part is, my brother didnt either, but we both had fish at the same time before we left. His was slighlty smaller :D

Beautiful stripper. Looks like a cover page for "The Fisherman" magazine.

Nice fish! I've been eating stripper for the past two weeks. We've been getting some real nice fish out of the Mulica, got some marinating in the fridge now :D

All this talk of strippers has me looking for a brass pole. OH YOU MEAN STRIPER.

Not that anything is wrong with eating strippers.

Great looking striper Mike! My dad and I are going to go on a party boat for stripers tomorrow out of Atlantic Highlands.

Which boat?

The Fisherman is probably your best bet if you haven't decided on a boat.

Haven't decided yet. We typically see how busy each boat is when we get there in the morning. I think everyone is running 7:30 - 2:30 except for the Sea Tiger II (8-12:30). We actually haven't gone "striper" fishing in 2 years. We've never had a lot of success with stripers. We do a lot of fishing for bluefish, fluke, ling etc.

Thanks for the tip on the Fisherman. Is there a specific reason?

Great looking striper Mike! My dad and I are going to go on a party boat for stripers tomorrow out of Atlantic Highlands.

Which boat?

Haven't decided yet. We typically see how busy each boat is when we get there in the morning. I think everyone is running 7:30 - 2:30 except for the Sea Tiger II (8-12:30). We actually haven't gone "striper" fishing in 2 years. We've never had a lot of success with stripers. We do a lot of fishing for bluefish, fluke, ling etc.

Yes, The Fisherman is the best Bass boat out of AH for sure.

Which boat?

OHHHH NOOOOOOO the Skunk Tiger STAY AWAY.

That boat sucks!

attachment.php?attachmentid=21609&d=1272490634

Thanks for the advice Mike. We planned on going on The Fisherman, but it turned out that it was the only boat that went out yesterday from AH.

That is my dad and I. We are the last picture in the second post of Capt. Ron's thread.

The wind was crazy, the waves were huge, and it was freezing, but the bite was on! Everyone limited out and then caught plenty more! Plenty of bluefish too. There was one party boat from Brooklyn, The Atlantis from Brielle, and us on The Fisherman on the water. There was nobody else on the water until we were heading in and we saw this guy windsurfing!

28430_1381566971945_1015070273_1140854_1639920_n.jpg

It was a great day of fishing!

Congrats.

Any idea where you guys were fishing?

Windsurfer looks like he was when you were on way back to dock, close to the AH marina.

That yoohoo looking water is bay water, not ocean water ;)

Thanks!

Yeah we first saw him by the tip of Sandy Hook, then he made his way across the bay. :shock:

We were not far from Long Island. Close to Rockaway I think.