kenw

The forum as the 3 bears

You know, thanks for bringing this up. I am an offender of one the topics you brought up and I will apologize. Sometimes you get caught up and don't notice how stupid it becomes.

Thanks for your post.

I don't get the 3 bears analogy.

Sooo, can anyone post about anything, even if it is about some guy picking his nose? Is there a guide to go by?

Welcome

The goal of this community is to bring people together for the purpose of sharing ideas and organizing the movement for more firearms rights in the State of New Jersey.

LINK
  • Like 1

ARFcom, etc. - too BIG

NJCSD, NJH - too small

NJGF - just right.

YMMV

ETA:

For the most part, the threads with the most posts have virtually nothing to do with the mission statement. They are what brings the group together with shared experiences, ideas and opinions. We all want gun rights. That's a given. We don't necessarily all enjoy the same lunch meat, music, brand of revolver, etc.. Those discussions are what makes this group a community, not just a bunch of guys who live in NJ and piss and moan about the laws. Yeah, there are discussions about the laws, there are also discussions about classic cars and house cats. Nobody complains. If it doesn't interest someone, they don't participate.

I knew it would be iffy when I posted what I did.

For the record I don't want to stifle any one's anything. I was interested in knowing if there is a common thread to what I was reading mainly because I am new to the state and thought perhaps I was missing a lot of back story.

If there isn'tany I am fine with it. I do wonder at times why a random news story is posted with no commentary by the poster with no comment other than a link, but even I am guilty of that so I don't judge.

If there isn'tany I am fine with it. I do wonder at times why a random news story is posted with no commentary by the poster with no comment other than a link, but even I am guilty of that so I don't judge.

I'm of the opinion that if you(the plural you, not specifically you bulpup) are going to post an article, you should have an opinion on it to at least frame your point of view and how you think it might matter going forward. I really hate post that are "Check this out" including link that blindly leads you to youtube or some other site without the foggiest notion of why you should go. It reminds me too much of spam.

I'm also a fan of at least some of the article showing up in the original post. For now, if I post an article, it's all going to get copied. This forum is small enough that Maks won't get takedown notices.

I have no problem with original posts from people either...like "woohoo, just won $500 in the lotto...now what to buy..." Things that generate discussions are good because they often veer well off the course originally laid out in the first post. This post is an example of that. :D

Politics will always be part of any gun forum as it's a political subject, governed by political bodies often down straight political lines. It's only avoidable if you're discussing a purely factual technical issue, but even then you might get a "But that item is only legal in XXX configuration" type of a comment.

For me, I like posting here because I actually know a number of the folks now. So it's a good fit for my gun fix where as Arfcom and rimfire central etc are quite a bit more impersonal.

I'm of the opinion that if you(the plural you, not specifically you bulpup) are going to post an article, you should have an opinion on it to at least frame your point of view and how you think it might matter going forward. I really hate post that are "Check this out" including link that blindly leads you to youtube or some other site without the foggiest notion of why you should go. It reminds me too much of spam.

Agreed. I don't really care what topics are brought up, I would just prefer to know why a particular news story piqued the collective "your" interest. IF there is nothing it just seems like, as you said, SPAM.

Agreed. I don't really care what topics are brought up, I would just prefer to know why a particular news story piqued the collective "your" interest. IF there is nothing it just seems like, as you said, SPAM.

Also agreed. In addition, I think if you are going to post an excerpt from anything, you should include the link (book or web...). On top of that, when including a link, don't include JUST a link, include the bit that interested you or that you feel applies to a particular post/situation.

Also agreed. In addition, I think if you are going to post an excerpt from anything, you should include the link (book or web...). On top of that, when including a link, don't include JUST a link, include the bit that interested you or that you feel applies to a particular post/situation.

Adding links also gives this site(njgunforums.com) a better ranking in googles search results.