Hi, Can anyone help me locate some cheap lead shot? I am looking for 50-90 lbs worth of lead shot to be used for weight purposes only, not firing, so condition is NOT important.

Figured a firearms forum would be my best option, I am located in Middletown NJ and will travel within NJ to purchase & pickup.

Also would appreciate any suggestions on where to locate.

Thanks in advance!

Steve

[email protected]

thanks for the reply, no remelting. it will literally be dumped into canvas/leather bags to serve as weights.

not terribly familiar with standard shot sizes, but im guessing they run in the range of 2-8mm which is all OK for me. just going for overall weight.

unfortunately sand wont work, as the weights purpose is also to be removable (and adjustable) and removing sand from this just wont be possible.

to be very specific in the application, if anyone is familiar with the Atlas Stones used in worlds strongest man competitions that you may have seen on espn and such....this is a 21" diameter stone, with an empty core of 2-1/4" diameter running through its center core with a screw top, roughly the length of the stone 20". the lead shot will be inserted into the core to allow the stone to vary in overall weight. lead shot is ideal due its weight and allowing to easily enter & exit this tight compartment.

strange, i know...appreciate any help!

unfortunately sand wont work, as the weights purpose is also to be removable (and adjustable) and removing sand from this just wont be possible.

to be very specific in the application, if anyone is familiar with the Atlas Stones used in worlds strongest man competitions that you may have seen on espn and such....this is a 21" diameter stone, with an empty core of 2-1/4" diameter running through its center core with a screw top, roughly the length of the stone 20". the lead shot will be inserted into the core to allow the stone to vary in overall weight. lead shot is ideal due its weight and allowing to easily enter & exit this tight compartment.

strange, i know...appreciate any help!

You can go to a dive store (scuba) and buy soft weights. They are filled with lead shot. Might be more expensive then bulk, but you can get it in various weights.

Jimmy

You can go to a dive store (scuba) and buy soft weights. They are filled with lead shot. Might be more expensive then bulk, but you can get it in various weights.

Jimmy

thanks, i've looked into scuba dive weights but it will be much more expensive that route, especially when im looking for about 100 lbs of shot weight.

figured recycled/reclaimed shot in bulk would be my most affordable bet