MedicYeti

3 gun shoot, South Jersey Shooting Club, Sun 5-23.

Had a great time! Great shooting guys. I'll squad up with you guys anytime! Shooting fun, couple new friends, a great day!

Shooting imressions on the differences in the rifles/optics I brought:

PS90, great gun, easy as heck to shoot due to low recoil but was SERIOUSLY impeded by the stock optics on it. Ditch that SS optic for an Aimpoint M3/M4 or T1 and it would have easily been faster than the other two rifles for the CQB style course of fire.

Robarm XCR with an ACOG TA33H-G. This rifle has easily become my favorite rifle. I admit when I first got it I was less than happy with the break in. Now that its broken in and running great, it rocks! The location of the bolt release made lock back reloads super fast. The optic is fantastic. I was really curious to see what I would be giving up to an aimpoint in a CQB scenario with a magnified optic. At least in this course of fire it was negligable. However, if there was a greater emphasis on transitioning from target to target, the gap may have been a little wider but after today, I speculate it might not be very much.

Bushmaster AR15 Carbine with an Aimpoint M3 in my mount. Some say Bushmaster has slipped in recent years but this old girl still runs up front. I have had this Bushy for a looong time and she simply never fails me. As for the aimpoint and my mount, I found it slightly edged out the Acog in pure speed. It was a little tricky transitioning between three different platforms. I felt if I had concentrated on this one more, the gap between it and the ACOG would have likely been a little wider. In my mount I tried very hard to put the irons as low as possible to keep as much of the Aimpoint optic uncluttered as possible but still give a full irons sight picture if needed. When running the gun, I didnt even notice the irons which is what I was after.

Aside from my junk the other shooters shot very well! And Ron showed us all what doin your own THANG is all about! Pulling out that double barrel was classic! Ive never been into the old school stuff but I find the history of it is proving to be a big attraction! And its nice to see real wood in a firearm now and then :D

I still cant tell who won LOL :think:

Shane

Are you implying I won the window licker on the short bus award :lol:

I will work on doing an alternate scoring tomorrow when I'm more awake and see what it comes up with.

You win the I rock out with my motley collection of evil black rifles award.

Please check my math!!! Scoring after COF change not tabulated.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... yakE&hl=en

IDPA Style Scoring

1 Shane 154.42

2 Len 167.96

3 Nick 177.01

4 George 214.49

5 Jeremy 214.59

6 Ron 319.58

Flat Time

1 Shane 138.92

2 Nick 159.51

3 Len 163.96

4 George 204.49

5 Jeremy 210.59

6 Ron 298.08

Flat score

1 Len 242

2 Jeremy 238

3 George 230

4 Shane 219

5 Nick 215

6 Ron 207

Single fastest run

Time Score

1 Shane 24.74 42

2 Nick 28.4 42

3 Len 30.41 50

4 George 33.15 44

5 Jeremy 37.73 46

6 Ron 41.74 42

Style

1 Ron

2,3,4,5,6 Everyone else

Hi to all,

We are having a 3 gun shoot on Sunday June 27th at 9am.

Registration is at 8:30am Safety Briefing is at 8:45am and Hopefully

Shooting will begin by 9am.

You will need your Rifle (with 5 rounds) then your Shotgun (with 5 rounds NO SLUGS. USE TARGET LOADS) and finally your Pistol or Revolver with 10 rounds.

That will get you through the 1st string.

cost is $20.00 per shooter. Guest of members are permitted to shoot.

If you can make it let us know either on our Facebook page:

South Jersey Shooting Club Winslow NJ or by email to Dan Walker

at [email protected] or to me.

Stay Strong

Keep your eye on the Front Sight.

Arthur J. Barton,Jr

SJSC CRSO NRA Instructor

I will Definetly be there! :dance:

thats what you said last time jerk.....ahhhh im hung over j/k

"RutRo shaggy"..do i detect some anger george? You mad at me? :lol: I'll be there this time. :liar: I do what I can, besides you didnt need me there to have a good time.

I'd like to do everything on the move. Start at rifle table, engage targets while moving to shotgun table, put down rifle pick up shotgun and move to handgun stage while shooting the shotgun. Put shorty down and draw loaded gun from holster and complete the COF. But that's just my 2 cents.

I will Definetly be there! :dance:

thats what you said last time jerk.....ahhhh im hung over j/k

"RutRo shaggy"..do i detect some anger george? You mad at me? :lol: I'll be there this time. :liar: I do what I can, besides you didnt need me there to have a good time.

i was breaking balls im not mad at all

I just saw the videos; Damn - that looks like fun!

I can't make the 6/27 shoot, but I'll keep an eye open for the next event.

After watching the videos I'm assuming slings are not needed or used. Is this correct?

I reckon I'll be using an AR-15 with 3-9 variable optics, a less-than-tactical semi auto bird gun, and a 1911.

Lookin' forward to it!

will be there plus 3.

I've been to 2 SJSC sundays shoots in the past month and i've had fun both time. It seem that its more of a lets get together and shoot some targets, rather then a competition.

for the father's day shoot, stages had door and windows, however scores weren't kept even tho we were using IDPA targets. from these shoot i think SJSC just want to something informal and fun to bring out shooters on a sunday morning.

IMHO they should step up their game a bit. Scorekeeping in my mind is essential. Otherwise its just masterbatory shooting. The point for most of us by having score is to induce some level of stress. The goal is to improve shooting ability under stress. If you have a combat shotty, pistol and rifle, you probably arent that interested in a sunday stroll with your guns. Without time and score and an idea how you compared to your pears, you will not know if you are improving or a technique change has worked out well for you or not.

Shane

well time was kept, but time w/o scoring the target is just that, time. i'm not bitchin bout how SJSC runs their show, I would like to see scores. regardless, i still had fun.

just to be clear,

a mossberg 500, pump, holds 5 in the mag tube, pistol grip and collapsible stock is Aokay to bring into Jersey.