What the hell is going on around here?!?!?!? First I got my renewal form for my motorcycle registration and it is $65! Thats more then my cars & my Bronco! Then today I go to title, register a new-to-me vehicle and they charged me $60 for the title and $45 for the reg + tax! $60 for a damn title!?!!?!? What happened to $20 for the title? That wasnt good enough so it had to jump to $60? When I first bought my motorcycle that registration was $18.50, now thats $65! This state is out of control.....time to seriously sit down and start looking to move. Oh, and on another note, I'm on my 8th week of waiting for (2) P2P....New Jersey sucks! :evil:

Sorry for the rant, just pissed off today.

-Scott

8 weeks Scott, I just submitted mine 2 weeks ago, guess I'll expect mine about 6 weeks after you gets yours then......amazing

Yes sir, submitted on March 23rd......very disheartning. And to think, when my wife first mentioned moving out of state I was trying to discourage her from wanting to leave.

-Scott

You can thank Corzine for the motorcycle registrations going up to $65. It was like that last year. I remember when it first was announced and reading an article. I am going to look for it. It said something along the lines that he didnt need any approval legally to raise motorcycle registrations but he did for cars so thats why he jacked the rate of motorcycles.

Yup 65 bucks for a motorcycle registration now. Last years cost me $31.50. Not very cool in my opinion. The best part is last time I went to renew my car registration I went to do it online. They charge you a "convience fee", I think it was two bucks. So wait... I stay off the roads which is less air pollution and less traffic. I am not physically in the DMV so there is less of a wait, less manpower needed in the DMV. Yet they have the audacity to charge me 2 dollars in the name of convienence. Screw them, next year I am going to the actual DMV.

NJ is trying to nickel and dime us out of house and home due to their inabilty to run the govt. I plan on being out of here in a few years because there's no way it is going to get any better. I am pretty sure they lowered the speed limit on the parkway just to get more revenue from speeders as well. Im getting fired up right now and can go on forever so I am just gonna hit reply for now.

Yes I got hit for that twice already as well. Considering I pay something like $120 for my Motorcycle insurance per year, my registraion fee is going to be higher soon. Maybe that's how they're going to lower your insurance rates? Just make all of the BS fees so high that insurance seems like a bargain? :roll:

Dan, no doubt about it.

Trust me, taxes are about to spiral up even more.

The place that our government is in right now, one of two things will happen.

The US Government is forced to raise taxes to make up for the national debt, or.

US government defaults on its debt obligation, and in that case, make sure you have plenty of ammo.

As of July 1st, the inspection station will no longer check for mechanical defects, just for emissions for cars. Will motorcycles even have to go to inspection anymore? They don't check emissions on motorcycles, anybody know the answer....

I was wondering this as well. Perhaps the LEO's can chime in?

$12 million to run inspections. Saved. (Apparently Parsons did not "donate" enough money this time around.)

Do only emissions as required by feds and open up the roads to TONS of equipment violations $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ summons to the driving folks that do not check all lights, etc.

Remember to back up to large storefronts and check blinkers, brakes and back up lights. I would bet a months pay that in six months there will be a push for road inspections, similar to seat-belt and DWI enforcement.

As of July 1st, the inspection station will no longer check for mechanical defects, just for emissions for cars. Will motorcycles even have to go to inspection anymore? They don't check emissions on motorcycles, anybody know the answer....

Dont know the actual answer but I do know that motorcycle inspections are such a joke that I havent inspected mine since it was new 5yrs ago. I went from the dealership to the inspection station and the lady failed me for no running/brake light and no reflective tape on my helmet. The lady couldnt see the six inch by four inch clear lense that has 12 red led bulbs in in when the brakes were applied or as a marker light! I had to point it out to her!! Never went back. Its so small of a sticker you will have to get stopped for something else for an officer to even see it is out dated.

-Scott

Remember to back up to large storefronts and check blinkers, brakes and back up lights. I would bet a months pay that in six months there will be a push for road inspections, similar to seat-belt and DWI enforcement.

People are shocked when they come to my shop for a flat or oil change and I inform them that they have lights that are out. Very few people think to check their lights so we check every vehicle that comes into the building.

On this note I hope none of you guys have GMC Arcadia's in the driveway....if so you dont want to see the price of a taillight.

-Scott

Its so small of a sticker you will have to get stopped for something else for an officer to even see it is out dated.

-Scott

I've received that ticket and I did NOT get stopped for "something else". It was in Moorestown, NJ and the year was either 97 or 98.

Wow....must have really been a slow day. That was even before the black square on the plate for the inspection sticker too, correct?

The black spot(inspection sticker here) on a brand new motorcycle plate is really the only reason I had mine inspected in the first place. I figured the black spot would stickout and be easier to notice so I went. After having to point out the over sized LED lamps I refuse to go back.

-Scott