Guest Damagedworld

12 to 410 adapter?

Brielly in CT will do it.

They make drop in tubes...

The issue with the Briley tubes (aside from the expense) is that they add weight to what may already be a heavy gun. I don't have any experience with the 12/.410 adapters, but they may be worth a try.

:roll:

sure the shell will go bang, but the wad will go for water slide ride out of the barrel.. make sure you yell 4 before firing..

makes sense.. probably bad idea.. don't know why i didnt think of that.. thanks..

PM sent

got it thanks..

The 410 wad is a lot smaller than the diameter of a 12gauge barrel. It will bounce and spin around on its way out (think of kid on a mat goind down a waterslide). It would be tough to guess where it will end up.

If you just want her to get the hang of the recoil though, it probably doesn't really matter where the wad goes as long as it's down range?

Winchester (and probably others) make an ultralight target load for 12ga. It only has 7/8 oz load instead of the standard oz or 1 & 1/8 oz and is pretty easy on you. In fact I fired a few hunderd of them when I was just starting to shoot Trap and was using a very light gun. It often makes a light pop which forced me to check the barrel a few times to see if the wad was stuck, but it never was. It often freaked out fellow shooters on the line who when they heard that sound figured I was reloading and had a stuck wad.

If you just want her to get the hang of the recoil though, it probably doesn't really matter where the wad goes as long as it's down range?

Winchester (and probably others) make an ultralight target load for 12ga. It only has 7/8 oz load instead of the standard oz or 1 & 1/8 oz and is pretty easy on you. In fact I fired a few hunderd of them when I was just starting to shoot Trap and was using a very light gun. It often makes a light pop which forced me to check the barrel a few times to see if the wad was stuck, but it never was. It often freaked out fellow shooters on the line who when they heard that sound figured I was reloading and had a stuck wad.

I think your talking about the AA loads? I give these to my GF with my mossberg 500 and soda cans on the berm. She loves it.

They are very light loads, and wouldn't even cycle my 1100.

I bought them from Dicks, I think they where like $7.50 a box. Might want to give those a try.

Just be warned...if you use gauge reducers with inertia triggers you may not be able to shoot doubles as there is not enough recoil to set the second trigger. Mechanical triggers work OK of course. I use chamber mates to go from 20ga to 410 for my son and they work fine.

I think your talking about the AA loads? I give these to my GF with my mossberg 500 and soda cans on the berm. She loves it.

They are very light loads, and wouldn't even cycle my 1100.

I bought them from Dicks, I think they where like $7.50 a box. Might want to give those a try.

Those are the ones. I think I still have a half case of them. If I wind up taking the shotgun class with MDTS I was thinking of taking those with me. :)

That is a good point about the recoil though, they are low recoil and if memory serves they have a warning that they may not cycle a semiauto. But hey, if you're just trying to get her to try it out... Good luck.