Sign in to follow this  
Z71

2 proposed bills

I just heard about 2 new bills being proposed by M. Caroll/A. McHose..

A2857---would repeal OGAM

A2858---would repeal certain restrictions on future retail sale of handguns

no detailed info on these bills available at this time;

Thanks for the clarification. I doubt anything will be done with these bills, sadly.

These bills may have some traction.

OGAM was forced through and Corzine rubber stamped it. No systems in place for monitoring, no instructions to FFL's - it was a hurry-up piece of feel-good legislation for the libtards.

The streamlining bill probably has a better chance. This may be the end of P2P's. Christie is looking for anyway to save money. The P2P's are a redundant system that pre-dates the digital age. It can be gotten rid of with zero impact (always had zero impact on crime anyway), and save money and administrative time.

I'll be anxious to see the actual wording and intent of these bills.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Thanks for the clarification. I doubt anything will be done with these bills, sadly.

These bills may have some traction.

OGAM was forced through and Corzine rubber stamped it. No systems in place for monitoring, no instructions to FFL's - it was a hurry-up piece of feel-good legislation for the libtards.

The streamlining bill probably has a better chance. This may be the end of P2P's. Christie is looking for anyway to save money. The P2P's are a redundant system that pre-dates the digital age. It can be gotten rid of with zero impact (always had zero impact on crime anyway), and save money and administrative time.

I'll be anxious to see the actual wording and intent of these bills.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

The Libtards are still a majority in the state legislature...

I just heard about 2 new bills being proposed by M. Caroll/A. McHose..

A2857---would repeal OGAM

A2858---would repeal certain restrictions on future retail sale of handguns

no detailed info on these bills available at this time;

This would be great news, if the Democrats weren't the majority, and anti gun to boot.

But these bills are D.O.A.

These 2 bills will come up, stay in committee and die.

Carroll is a great friend to us, but I am not sure any of this stuff will make any traction due to budget paralysis in trenton....

Everyone forgets that they just voted these fools back into office...we do have a chance to change the congressional landscape for the House coming up soon...

In his recent television interview with Steve Abadabo, Christie responded to a caller about the Second Amendment by stating he will enforce the gun laws of the State of New Jersey. Then he interjected a lengthy praise of Paula Dow, his Democrat AG, stating she was doing a good job and was outstanding in the fight against gangs and illegal guns.

I doubt any existing legislation on firearms will be abated by this administration. As we have seen recently with the CMP issue, new ones will probably be coming down the road from the Dow-Christie Camp.

There are two wings of the Republican Party in New Jersey - the Rockefeller Republicans represented by Tom Kean and Chrissie Whitman and the Conservative Wing of the Republican Party, represented by people like Steve Lonegan, Michael Patrick Carroll, and others.

So far, the Rockefeller Republicans follow the same successful road. Whenever a conservative is nominated by the State GOP. the Rockefeller Republicans throw up their hands and exclaim a conservative can never win in New Jersey and either not support him or her, or only give lip service support.

When a social liberal Republican is nominated, the conservatives dutifully close ranks around the nominee and they generally get elected.

I believe Christie represents a fiscally conservative wing of the Rockefeller Republicans. On social issues like the Second Amendment and illegal aliens, he swings to the left.

Could someone enlighten me on NJ gun law history? I understand OGAM was introduced in 2009. Prior to that, did you still need a Permit to Purchase a Handgun? If so, did it work the same as today, except for the quantity limit?

Identical process. OGAM just limits the number of guns you can purchase.

I thought ,earlier this year a comittee was formed to study the gun laws

in nj. the comm. was given a 18 months to come up with recommendations.. .the study is suppose to look at the laws and their effect on buying ,owning ,preventing illlegal buying and the permit/fid process....

so maybe after they submit a report, things will happen; good or bad.....