maideneddie

Immigration and bizarre newsclips

What is up with all the bizarre and immigration related news clips lately. It seems to me that bucket 3 is not the proper forum for such things to be posted. These posts, in my opinion are being posted just to piss everyone off, and are not contributing to any kind of meaningful discussion. Perhaps the parties that are posting these could find a better, perhaps political forum to post these in. Just my .02 cents.

I kind of agree. Illegal Immigrant related news is politically driven as it is a hot button topic right now. With that in mind these "news" stories are not suited for bucket 3 imo. When it is no longer PC to talk about illegal again all these "news" worthy articles will go away.

It is getting out of hand...

I understand the politics threads when gun related...

I understand the Gun law threads....

But at times I feel like I am on a "News" forum....

Enough with the world news.... and other misc threads.....

I do know how to type msn.com, cnn.com etc.... If I want to catch up on general world news.... I will go to those websites....

Do we need a section for this stuff?

I LOVE this site but really don't get it at times.. FORUMS are GENERALLY made to chat with people who you have common interests with.. but people seem to be REALLY anal here sometimes about what content is OK to post about..

this being the GENERAL section.. i fail to see any issue with any of the news posts made here.. In fact I personally LIKE reading them.. I have actually seen news on this site that I didnt read anywhere else.. which is good..

If you don't like it.. don't click it..

It is getting out of hand...

I understand the politics threads when gun related...

I understand the Gun law threads....

But at times I feel like I am on a "News" forum....

Enough with the world news.... and other misc threads.....

I do know how to type msn.com, cnn.com etc.... If I want to catch up on general world news.... I will go to those websites....

Do we need a section for this stuff?

why does it matter so much? I don't get why you guys want to have SO much in the way of limitations when it comes to posting in the GENERAL section of the site? does every single post made on this site HAVE to relate to firearms? not trying to be argumentative or anything.. but isn't the point of the general section FOR general discussion?

Maksim made section 3 for ANYTHING you want to post about. It does not have to be Gun related. Aside from our common interest in guns, there is also a common bond for the Love of our Country. There is a lot of passion in Patriotism and what we feel defines it. Sure there are some Partisan Political stories posted, but there is a lot of good info posted as well. If it sparks a discussion among us it is a good thing as the forum NEEDS our interaction to move forward. We have our common bond that brings us to the Forum, when here we may find something else in common with others as well. That is a good thing.

If the posts are not of interest, do not read them. If the posters notices that their posts are not getting any attention, they will eventually stop posting them.

As always I defer to Maksim's opinion on this, but these are my thoughts.

I LOVE this site but really don't get it at times.. FORUMS are GENERALLY made to chat with people who you have common interests with.. but people seem to be REALLY anal here sometimes about what content is OK to post about..

this being the GENERAL section.. i fail to see any issue with any of the news posts made here.. In fact I personally LIKE reading them.. I have actually seen news on this site that I didnt read anywhere else.. which is good..

If you don't like it.. don't click it..

+1, I read everything posted.

I guess I am just old and grumpy :lol:

No not old. I am close to your age so you are not old. Or am I old and in denial?

Vote 1 for Old and in denial. :|

Old, curmudgeonly and nostalgic for "the good old days".

Am I even old enough to be a curmudgeon?

You and Troy are CIT's.

Too young to be CC's (Certified Curmudgeons), but off to a great start. You should have no problems when licensing time comes around at about the same time the AARP cards come in the mail.

K

I was thinking that if we make the illegal immigration issue gun related, than everyone will be happy. So here goes:

Fourteenth Amendment:

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws

If the 2A is incorporated using Due Process, will illegal aliens have the same gun rights as citizens? Due process states "any person" whereas PorI states "citizens."

Yeah I agree with the OP. I don't say anything because it is the bucket forums and it is for anything, But it does get tiring to see all the threads about illegal Immigrants. Like someone else said. Its a hot button issue right now. If the focus switched to Illegal Asian Immigrants. I am sure we would start to see mass posts about Illegal Asian immigrants, But right now its mostly about Hispanic illegals. So you will see a bunch of threads about it. As soon as something else pops up. Those people will focus on it and start posting about that. As Damagedworld said. If you don't want to read it. Don't click it. Right now when I click the bucket list it all stays red, Because I don't read any of it. :lol:

Do I think there are entirely too many immigration posts? YES. Do I read them? Usually NO. Is Bucket 3 the place for them? Probably. Doesn't really fit in anywhere else.. some of them might go in the Politics sections.. but as a whole, B3 is probably the best place for them.

For better or for worse, B3 is kind of the dumping ground for "everything else". There's bound to be a bunch of topics that many people won't care about. At the end of the day, just don't click on them. Like Jermz said, I have more red threads than read threads in B3.

If you really want to see "bizarre" you should drop into the General Discussion section of arfcom :D GD is a SCARY SCARY place.