ccphilly1984

i have a fid card question

hey there... i have a question regarding th nj fid card... if i got one, would i be able to ride around with an unloaded shotgun or rifle in my trunk at any time? from what i read on the nra nj gun law sheet, as long as i have the shotgun/rifle unloaded and in the trunk, an fid card makes me ok to have in my possesion? i noticed that without the fid card, i can only go to the range and home (in pa) or to my place of business or home (if i get a shore place). please explain the advantages of me, being a pa resident, of having this purchaser id card.

If you got your FID, you would not be able to drive around with a gun whenever you felt like it. PA may be different, but according to NJ law, you must only carry your firearms when you go shooting, or have a legitimate reason. That means you cant carry them when your going to the grocery store, or because your driving into Irvington and dont feel safe. A legitimate reason other than going to the range would be your carrying your gun because your going to the gunsmith to have him work on it.

If you got your FID, you would not be able to drive around with a gun whenever you felt like it. PA may be different, but according to NJ law, you must only carry your firearms when you go shooting, or have a legitimate reason. That means you cant carry them when your going to the grocery store, or because your driving into Irvington and dont feel safe. A legitimate reason other than going to the range would be your carrying your gun because your going to the gunsmith to have him work on it.
An unloaded long gun is ok to possess in the trunk as long as it is not for an unlawful purpose and as long as one has their FPID card in possession.

Oh, and the advantage of having your FID is, simply said, owning firearms.

Do you also live in NJ? I dont think you can get an FID if you live out of state.

You may be a NJ resident and own firearms without a FPID card. You may also be a PA resident and buy long guns in NJ with a FPID card.

An unloaded long gun is ok to possess in the trunk as long as it is not for an unlawful purpose and as long as one has their FPID card in possession.

Oh, and the advantage of having your FID is, simply said, owning firearms.

Do you also live in NJ? I dont think you can get an FID if you live out of state.

You may be a NJ resident and own firearms without a FPID card. You may also be a PA resident and buy long guns in NJ with a FPID card.

+1 FPID is essentially a "transport legally anywhere legal" license for long guns. Unloaded and separate from ammo.

IIRC, a non-resident must apply for an FPID card at the NJSP barracks closest to their residence, although not a barracks on the TP or Pkwy. Since you are in Langhorne, that would most likely be NJSP headquarters in West Trenton - just south of the Scudder's Falls bridge (I-95).

Adios,

Pizza Bob

ok... so my shotty can stay in my trunk when i travel to nj as long as I have an fid card... and if they order me to pop the trunk, my fid card will keep me out of trouble for an unloaded long gun only.

oh yeah... hell no am i going to trenton... i'd go to the state police barracks in hamilton before trenton.

i was just asking because i can't keep long guns in my house because i live with anti gunners that would flip if they saw a gun... was thinking about a shotgun for trap shooting and i sometimes travel to nj for the beach.

i wasn't sure of the advantages of an out of stater getting an fid card, considering it's more convenient to buy long guns in pa, as well as ammunition.

thanks for answering my question... now i'm thinking of getting an fid card so i can just keep my shotty in my trunk if i get one (and it is one of those rare times i go to the people's republic of new jersey).

i can't wait until the 2nd amendment movement gains more momentum after mcdonald vs shitago... then i can get a nj ltcf, or better yet, my pa ltcf be valid over there...

i'd go to the state police barracks in hamilton before trenton.

I don't think that you have a choice. It's the one geographically closest to you. The question is whether they consider HQ's as a "barracks". You should probably call first.

West Trenton - especially as far out as where the NJSP HQ's is - is really nice. You are talking about 5 miles north of CC Trenton and you are getting into some high-end real estate.

Adios,

Pizza Bob