tuktuk

Pro-Second Amendment Attorneys in NJ ???

do we know any gun owner friendly lawyers in our wonderful state of New Jersey?

heard of one? dealt with one? have one? 8) pls post for the general good of the public 8)

Maksim maybe we shud make a sticky with attorneys info? just in case, God forbid, somebody here needs one...

PS i found this page: http://www.theshootersbar.org/page19/page19.html

This seriously makes me want to go to law school and become an attorney just to represent legal firearms owners and fight for our rights in NJ. There seems to be way more demand than supply, here!

My brother used Edward Zohn for his FID appeal.

http://www.zohnlaw.com

In Practice Areas -> Criminal Law:

Firearms: In New Jersey, all of the basic firearms statutes are in the Criminal Code, which is a good indicator of the governmental bias against gun owners. Prosecutors and police never give up the chance to gain title to or destroy an individual's firearms, as well as prevent an individual form purchasing firearms in the future, no matter how specious the claim. They do it because they can - until they are stopped. We have extensive experience in representing gun owners with their legal concerns, which can be classified into three major areas: permit appeals (denials of permit applications or revocation of current permits); firearms seizures and confiscations (usually but not always as a result of domestic violence restraining orders) and possessory offenses ("assault firearms" and "high capacity magazines," etc.). We have also represented firearms organizations in legal actions against municipalities. It is very important with these types of cases to retain an attorney who has both an interest and experience in defending your firearms rights.

Dan Schmutter. He is currently handling ANJRPC's OGAM case.

So in other words, he's about as useful as an ashtray on a motorcycle.

From what I have seen, the case is being handled skillfully so far. Did something happen that I am not aware of?

In Practice Areas -> Criminal Law:

Firearms: In New Jersey, all of the basic firearms statutes are in the Criminal Code, which is a good indicator of the governmental bias against gun owners. Prosecutors and police never give up the chance to gain title to or destroy an individual's firearms, as well as prevent an individual form purchasing firearms in the future, no matter how specious the claim. They do it because they can - until they are stopped. We have extensive experience in representing gun owners with their legal concerns, which can be classified into three major areas: permit appeals (denials of permit applications or revocation of current permits); firearms seizures and confiscations (usually but not always as a result of domestic violence restraining orders) and possessory offenses ("assault firearms" and "high capacity magazines," etc.). We have also represented firearms organizations in legal actions against municipalities. It is very important with these types of cases to retain an attorney who has both an interest and experience in defending your firearms rights.

I've talked to him on two or three issues I thought I needed a lawyer on, and he called me back personally, the same day, and was very straightforward and didn't seem to want to grab my money before he told me what to do.

This seriously makes me want to go to law school and become an attorney just to represent legal firearms owners and fight for our rights in NJ. There seems to be way more demand than supply, here!

Its tough, attorneys practice where the money is and there isnt a lot of cash in gun rights. I think thats why many attorneys do some gun work as an off shoot of criminal work.

I think the issue on gun rights law is that it takes so much time up that it is hard to do your regular work. Individual gun work isnt that bad because it is limited in time and you get paid by someone.

Do you know how much that cost him?

Not cheap unfortunately. I think it was around 5K. I dont know how that brakes down or how much was for what (research, correspondence, hours worked etc.)

Its tough, attorneys practice where the money is and there isnt a lot of cash in gun rights. I think thats why many attorneys do some gun work as an off shoot of criminal work.

I think the issue on gun rights law is that it takes so much time up that it is hard to do your regular work. Individual gun work isnt that bad because it is limited in time and you get paid by someone.

Do you think that will change now that RKBA is a civil right?

I think it'll just take a case that's strong enough to get the backing of powerful organizations. Then money really isn't that much of a headache. If anyone wants to question a lawyer about a civil action lawsuit, count me in.. I think a few orgs are already talking about it.

found this in ANJRPC News & Briefs Vol. 22, Number 4 July/Aug 2010 >>>

" ... The following attorneys have agreed to answer legal questions asked by our members on the telephone concerning firearms related matters. These questions should be brief and pointed, preferably written down in advance of your call to the attorney..... "

Stuart A. Platt (856) 784-1555 and

Gary J. Needleman (973) 334-4422 on retainer by ANJRPC to answer members` questions

the rest i guess will talk to you in they are in a good mood 8) >>>

Russell G. Bickert (973) 278-1300

Evan F. Nappen (732) 389-8888

Robert Rosenberg (732) 341-3337

Edward J. Zohn (908) 791-0312

i apologize in advance if i posted names that were already mentioned ...