Sign in to follow this  
rauchman

I find this very disturbing....

This is happening roughly 2 hours from where I live. America is becoming a country that's very different from the one I grew up in.

http://www.infowars.com/video-national-guard-helping-confiscate-guns-in-new-york-state/

Alex Jones takes a grain of truth and twists it into an outrage. This is what he does for a living. The man is not credible. I don't allow articles or links to him at my sites because we've been watching him for years and years. We have it on a sticky at the top of the site. You can view the list of questionable sources here http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/taa/badsitelist.jpg

This is happening roughly 2 hours from where I live. America is becoming a country that's very different from the one I grew up in.

http://www.infowars.com/video-national-guard-helping-confiscate-guns-in-new-york-state/

Alex Jones takes a grain of truth and twists it into an outrage. This is what he does for a living. The man is not credible. I don't allow articles or links to him at my sites because we've been watching him for years and years. We have it on a sticky at the top of the site. You can view the list of questionable sources here http://thewellrats.com/malbor2/taa/badsitelist.jpg

While I agree that info from his and other, of the type, websites need to be objectively pondered, why is the National Guard being employed to do drug checks?

Ok, so I looked into this.

This goes back to what I said earlier.

Jones takes a grain of truth and twists it.

First, start here:

http://www.fox23news.com/news/custom/sp ... TH2AQ.cspx

The NY National Guard's Counterdrug task force, providing not only the people, but the equipment law enforcement may need to make drug arrests, seizures.

SSG. Brian Gillis says, "we can go on the scene and sniff or take a swab with this and it can tell you what it is."

Using ionization, counterdrug's machines can detect chemicals, explosives, narcotics on money, weapons, even fabric.

A simple swab can tell you if that surface had contact with those substances.

A simple sweep of an undercarriage or a scan of a car can help find drugs or weapons being brought into the capital region. While the undervehicle inspection system looks for traps or voids where anything could be taped or bolted in, the mobile vehicle inspection system takes it one step further.

Gillis says, "its basically an x-ray. If you zoom in you can see the rifle laid across the bottom."

First this was reported on Prison Planet, also affiliated with Jones, then he quotes it on his infowar program as if it's something new.

The grain of truth here is that the national guard is using technology for drug interdiction. True.

Violation of Posse Commitus? No. He's worded it as if their entire purpose was to run around scanning cars to confiscate guns. What they are doing is scanning for contraband and if a drug smuggler has guns, they confiscate it. Not nearly as inflammatory is it?

This is my problem with Jones.

I don't know why the Guard is actually being tasked to do the checks, but the chemical sniffing tech and use is something that will be taken to Iraq or Afghanistan and used at checkpoints.

Again, I have no idea why they might be assked to do it but I can guess that the practical experience is what the Guard is after.

I too question Jones' credability often.

But Maks answer me this... You are coming over the Milford Bridge when you are coming home from a rifle range in PA. The NJSP are conducting a drug search with xray machines. You have your AR in the trunk. Are you confident #1 that the xrays are harmless? And #2 are you confident that your AR will be recognized as NJ legal and you will be able to go home with it?

#3 how about the 1000 rounds of ammo you got a great deal on in PA...Do you think you are going to go home with that?

Legalize the drugs. Let the drug Muther Fukers kill themselves. Darwin would be proud of the natural selection that occurs.

But Maks answer me this... You are coming over the Milford Bridge when you are coming home from a rifle range in PA. The NJSP are conducting a drug search with xray machines. You have your AR in the trunk. Are you confident #1 that the xrays are harmless? And #2 are you confident that your AR will be recognized as NJ legal and you will be able to go home with it?

#3 how about the 1000 rounds of ammo you got a great deal on in PA...Do you think you are going to go home with that?

I say the same thing all the time. I see people "oh I don't care about getting stopped because my gun is legal" as if there aren't cops out there completely unaware of the law that will arrest you, confiscate your rifle, and tow your car on the spot upon seeing the scary looking "assault weapon" (remember kids, anything semi auto is an assault weapon, always) If you really think every officer out there knows the visual difference between a flash suppressor and a muzzle brake, or understands that your stock is pinned...LOL@you.

Yeah sure, you may get off scot free after court. But you're out $10k in legal fees. Oh and another $1k for the gun you'll never get back. Sometimes, the lengths you have to go through to prove your innocence may as well be the punishment itself.

http://www.military.com/Recruiting/Content/0,13898,rec_step02_missions_ng,,00.html

It is impossible to sum them up in one comprehensive list, but here are a few of the missions the National Guard might cover:

Home Land Security

Counter drug and Immigration interdiction operations

Law enforcement in volatile areas

Large-scale transportation of supplies and troops via ground vehicles

Stateside and International Humanitarian missions delivering food supplies, building schools, bridges, etc.

Flood, Hurricane, and Earthquake relief, in addition to other natural disaster responses

Augmenting the U.S. Army in times of war.

The Texas National Guard

http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,157186,00.html

The purpose statement of the Texas National Guard Counter Drug Task Force is "to provide Domestic Law Enforcement Homeland Security and Defense Support, under the control of the Governor and the Adjutant General; countering the drug threats to and within the borders of Texas and the United States." Col. Russell Malesky is the task force's coordinator and commander.

The Guard in general;

http://www.military.com/news/article/army-news/guard-ready-to-assist-in-border-mission.html

If elected and appointed civilian leaders decide to include the National Guard in a broader mission on the Southwest border, the Guard stands ready, the chief of the National Guard Bureau said here.

Yeah sure, you may get off scot free after court. But you're out $10k in legal fees. Oh and another $1k for the gun you'll never get back. Sometimes, the lengths you have to go through to prove your innocence may as well be the punishment itself.

Thats why you sue for legal fees when you are found innocent. In the end it shouldn't cost you a dime to prove your innocence. It's gonna cost time for sure though.

Thats why you sue for legal fees when you are found innocent. In the end it shouldn't cost you a dime to prove your innocence. It's gonna cost time for sure though.

Pollyanna