autoxnyc

Allentown Show

I went to the Forks of Delaware show in Allentown today. This show is HUGE, must have been several hundred tables there. A lot of C&R stuff, a lot of WWII rifles to pick from. They had crates of Yugo Mausers and Mosins there as well. $129 for laminated stock 91/30 and $115 for regular stock.

I was there for some AR stuff, they wouldn't sell me a stripped AR lower because I'm from NJ. Does anyone know if it's legal for me to buy a stripped AR lower at a PA gunshow?

I think PA treats the AR as a pistol as far as transfers so maybe thats why but I could be wrong

that was true, however if i recall, someone on PA forums mentioned they struck that down.

humn, maybe going there tomorrow. lol. make it a road trip.

lets see, spend money on ammo or on gas.

I think PA treats the AR as a pistol as far as transfers so maybe thats why but I could be wrong

that was true, however if i recall, someone on PA forums mentioned they struck that down.

What they stopped was the use of PA's separate handgun form when purchasing "pistol=gripped" firearms. The PASP waaaay overstepped their authority here. This was in response to the 4473 changing to reflect if a receiver only was being sold/transferred. PA still treats AR receivers as handguns, which is why they couldn't sell you one at the show - as junkmanted surmised.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NOT a PA thing. It has always been a Federal Law that ONLY long guns can be purchased out of one's state of residence. Receivers and handguns are not long guns. The 4473 was changed to reflect the law.