Sign in to follow this  
rifleman

griffin and howe

All must make a journey to Griffin & Howe in Bedminster. They have hundreds of guns on display, $1000 to $100,000! Unbelievable store. Their website is excellent also. If you see a gun online from the Connecticut store, they will bring it to NJ for you to see.

It's about 5 minutes off 287.

They buy classics also.

I bought my O/U from there (used by the way) and I agree 100%.

It's been several years but they also have an astounding group of gunsmiths there, I believe they also build custom guns on premises. I dont know where else I would want to take a $60K gun for repair, if I could ever afford such a thing. ;)

They do have an amazing selection, and certainly have an established reputation. But, I have found their prices high on some items and there is no doubt you are paying a premium to shop there. A careful shopper/buyer can find good deals elsewhere if they are willing to hunt around for them. I question whether the travel to obscure guns shops out of state are worth it but sometimes a good find is rewarding. It helps too to have time and your hands and be retired.

They have hundreds of guns on display, $1000 to $100,000!

Do they sell anything under $1000? Seems like the guns there are waaay out of my budget.

Yes, check their website periodically. Oftentimes they will have guns that sit a little too long and they'll mark them down for a sale. The really nice ones or those that fall into the "affordable" category get picked up pretty quick though. Remember, they have a couple of stores.

http://griffinhowe.com/reduced-pricelist.cfm

When I was working for a freight forwarding company in Springfield, I use to ship all of their stuff. Many places in Africa... The most expensive one was some custom elephant rifle..something like 84k for declaring to customs..and if I can remember the ammo was something like $20.00 a round..was fun shipping for them.

Don't miss the headaches..lol