1911- Anyone have one of these...

I would buy this one over all the rest. If it is legit. In NJ too. Again, if as advertised, at this price it is a good buy.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=178860341

I already have one like this but a couple of years older. Very accurate and reliable! Better than the current Gold Cup Trophy.

If I had a grand to play with I'd buy this to save or resell at a profit. It will be interesting to see how high it goes.

Is from my town, Woodbridge!

Just curious ... how much does this model normally go for?

Top examples usually are $1400.00 and up. Lesser ones with wear or idiot scratches much less. As with anything, condition is the determining factor. I think a NIB Colt National Match Gold Cup Series 70 could go for as much as two grand. Also the Series 80 guns are less desirable because of the added firing pin safety. The National Match Gold Cup also is available in .38 and a really "Super" gun for target use.

There is a good market for older Colt 1911 and 1911A1 pistols among collectors.

YMMV

Luis, If that Gold cup previously posted is available, go for it. I have had Wilsons and Baers and a few caspians, But a Colt Gold cup 70 series is in a class by itself!!! I had 5 or 6 Kimbers and they are a nice starter pistol. GET the GOLD CUP. Brother Dave

I owned a Colt Gold Cup. It was an excellent shooter and very well made. I do think that Colt is resting on its past reputation. I will say I think there are better guns in terms of value. Of course there is only one Colt, and it will maintain its value better than most.

One brand I would look at is STI (http://www.stiguns.com/guns/guns.php), especially the Trojan and Spartan models. The Trojan is $999. The Spartan is $500. They are both a lot of gun for the money.

The other brand to look at is Dan Wesson, made by CZ USA(http://cz-usa.com/products/by-brand/dan-wesson/). They are top notch guns with all top of the line parts, but a recent price increase has made them a bit less of a bargain.

Personally I would lean towards the STI Trojan.

The other brand to look at is Dan Wesson, made by CZ USA(http://cz-usa.com/products/by-brand/dan-wesson/). They are top notch guns with all top of the line parts, but a recent price increase has made them a bit less of a bargain.

Personally I would lean towards the STI Trojan.

"Old School" also made look this way and I think this might be my first 1911.

I owned a Colt Gold Cup. snip, snip[ I will say I think there are better guns in terms of value. Of course there is only one Colt,

I disagree. There are several Colt "Gold Cup" models. What model was your "Colt Gold Cup" ? Seventy Series? Eighty Series? Gold Cup Trophy?

I think we are recommending the older 70 Series guns. At least I was.

I owned a Colt Gold Cup. snip, snip[ I will say I think there are better guns in terms of value. Of course there is only one Colt,

I disagree. There are several Colt "Gold Cup" models. What model was your "Colt Gold Cup" ? Seventy Series? Eighty Series? Gold Cup Trophy?

I think we are recommending the older 70 Series guns. At least I was.

I had a Model 80 Series Gold Cup Trophy purchased new two years ago. Sorry for not clarifying which one I had.

Smith & Wesson SW1911 sku# 108299

Springfield 1911 TRP model PC9105LP

Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy model O5870CS

Kimber 1911 Gold Match II (blue)

I'm considering which one to get so any advise or comment will be greatly appreciated.

I use a S&W Doug Koenig 1911 in the USPSA matches...it shoots close to my foot though... :facepalm:

Smith & Wesson SW1911 sku# 108299

Springfield 1911 TRP model PC9105LP

Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy model O5870CS

Kimber 1911 Gold Match II (blue)

I'm considering which one to get so any advise or comment will be greatly appreciated.

I use a S&W Doug Koenig 1911 in the USPSA matches...it shoots close to my foot though... :facepalm:

Those SW1911 are very sneaky, I'll better scratch it off the list :D :D :D

i think u all are crazy for hating on the kimbers they are beautiful

Wow, so pointing out a very real issue with a company is "Hating" now? Nobody said "Kimbers all Suck" yes, they are indeed Gorgeous, fit and finish is superb......and Unfortunately WAY too many of them have had problems out of the Box. Not ALL of course, hell not even "Most"...but Enough. Their customer service is Great from what I've heard...BUT when you are paying Custom Shop Prices, your gun SHOULD run like a damed Swiss Watch when it goes in your hand. My Defender came out of the Colt Custom Shop, it has close to 10,000 rounds through it, and in that time, the previous owner and i've had only a handful of problems, every one of which was either a Magazine or Ammunition issue. He Paid about the same as he would have for a Kimber of the same model, and got the performance expected for that kind of money. Another Co-worker bought a Kimber, and it had to go back half a dozen times before it was "Right"..other coworkers have bought Kimbers and had ZERO problems. You can say the same about ANY maker. If I pay $3K for let's say a GCI .50GI, I KNOW that gun will have been shot enough to determine it's RIGHT before it gloes to my FFL. Kimber makes GREAT guns.. but they arent the Custom Shop they used to be, they're a Manufacturer...charging Custom Shop Money.

Wow, so pointing out a very real issue with a company is "Hating" now?

no "hatin on" doesn't mean actually hating its like picking out alot of flaws people are being to over judgmental i feel about the company for past flaws that were fixed later aka now because i haven't heard many recent issues about them, most of them that i have seen are from months ago like someone earlier stated but no need to seem so heated kpd