johnisme

uggghh.... Women

You can throw all this hobby crap out the window when babies start popping out. We used to have movie night, and resturant week, and make sexy times at night. Not anymore! Her hobby is watching the baby and telling me what to do.

You can throw all this hobby crap out the window when babies start popping out. We used to have movie night, and resturant week, and make sexy times at night. Not anymore! Her hobby is watching the baby and telling me what to do.

Ray - have faith - some of it comes back when the kids grow up. Some of it is gone forever. I'll let you dream about which hobbies come back. ;)

Yes baby's change everything. Most times you just become a generator of cash and the maintenance man for a couple of years. I was once accused of being selfish for taking care of the landscape :? . You learn to eat a bunch of crow.

And you know what. I would not miss it for the world. As pissed as I get some times ,one smile from that kid or a funny stunt is worth a hot poker in the eye if need be. So dont ever pass up the opportunity to pop one out with the Mrs if the chance comes. It makes you a fuller person and indeed a better human after you become a dad. This is how the wild west got tamed.

My girl was giving me crap for heading to the range after work, turned into a full knock down drag out argument. My point was that 99% of the girls I know do not have hobbies. I go fishing, ride my harley, amateur garden, build random things out of wood, play my xbox, and I am on a bowling and softball team and collect firearms. She (and most girls I know or have dated) don't really do much or latch on to something I am doing. Any thoughts on why?

You could always dump her. If she is not your wife, she needs to chill out.

My wife is cool with me shooting guns and getting ammo and gun and crap all the time. Its fine, she even has a shotgun. My point is, maybe you should try to see if you can take her with you to the range. You do need to have some things in common for it to work out long term...

My wife is my best friend. We do almost everything together. The kids do put a damper on together time but we incorporate them into it as well. Life does change after kids but it is what you make of it. If you want a long term marriage I feel it is the only way to be. We do things seperately but Family is about being together.

That being said, if you ae not happy while dating you will not be happy when married. And it will cost a lot more. Looks are not everything and should not be the reaon for keeping her around.

if shes only a girl friend what do you care if she doesnt like your hobbies.you need one more hobby like finding a new old lady,you only live once if you think you are getting a hard time with a girl friend see how much more leverage she thinks she has as a wife

if shes only a girl friend what do you care if she doesnt like your hobbies.you need one more hobby like finding a new old lady,you only live once if you think you are getting a hard time with a girl friend see how much more leverage she thinks she has as a wife

yep, you throw out your black book and she goes and buy's her brown book.. :lol:

I lucked out with the woman I've been with for 10 years. The secret is finding a women that would share our interests.

She was content riding on the back of the bike, still is, but decided that she wanted her own, so she got her motorcycle license. My Ruger P95 was the first gun she ever fired, then she started coming to the range with me regularly. She enjoyed it so much that she got her FID and permits, bought a gun and is now a range member.

Coolest answer from her at the range when she was shopping for a .22 pistol.

After shooting the .22 and putting a couple hundred rounds through my .45 during the same session, the q&a went something like this;

Me: "So, how did you like the .22?"

Her: "I liked the .45"

My kind of woman