johnisme

uggghh.... Women

My girl was giving me crap for heading to the range after work, turned into a full knock down drag out argument. My point was that 99% of the girls I know do not have hobbies. I go fishing, ride my harley, amateur garden, build random things out of wood, play my xbox, and I am on a bowling and softball team and collect firearms. She (and most girls I know or have dated) don't really do much or latch on to something I am doing. Any thoughts on why?

Nail hit on the head. I waited until I was 37 to get married. Why? My philosophy;

"My wife needs to have a hobby and that hobby can not be me."

I married a writer/bookworm and former horse jumper.

I can't live with a woman that has absolutely nothing for a recreational life. They have their place but why spend all that time with a person putting you under a microscope?

My girl was giving me crap for heading to the range after work, turned into a full knock down drag out argument. My point was that 99% of the girls I know do not have hobbies. I go fishing, ride my harley, amateur garden, build random things out of wood, play my xbox, and I am on a bowling and softball team and collect firearms. She (and most girls I know or have dated) don't really do much or latch on to something I am doing. Any thoughts on why?

You have too many hobbies and no time for her?

I spend tons of time with her, but she wants me to spend every free second I have hanging out with her. The world is a huge fun interesting place, I can take a few hours a week to explore haha

she afraid of you cheating?

Take her to the range, show her that you are having a good time, meeting other guys, etc.

Let her shoot a 45acp.... if she does not enjoy it...

voila, she trusts you enough to go to the range with no other chicks there, instead of you going to the bar.

Take her to the range, show her that you are having a good time, meeting other guys, etc.

voila, she trusts you enough to go to the range with no other chicks there, instead of you going to the bar.

Let us know when you are taking her and we will all bring our wives and their single friends :D

I dont think its a trust thing, its more of a time thing. She thinks we should be sitting on the couch together watching The Bachelor and talking about our feelings. She doesnt like guns or just about anything I do for fun, which is ok because they are my hobbies not hers, I just wish she did something! And its not just her, but almost every girl!

, I just wish she did something! And its not just her, but almost every girl!

Yep. Nothing to offer and too much TV. That's 9 out of 10 women. But the others are out there. Hold out for them. I would rather be alone than be shackled to "the batchelor" with no other outlet for fun.

Yep. Nothing to offer and too much TV. That's 9 out of 10 women. But the others are out there. Hold out for them. I would rather be alone than be shackled to "the batchelor" with no other outlet for fun.

Im happy to hear I am not the only one who thinks this way. ha!

Im happy to hear I am not the only one who thinks this way. ha!

If they dont know how to have fun on their own then they are just scamming for a man. But believe me, the good ones are out there. They are just harder to find.

However, I will add that karaoke is a great equalizer. :D Sure it sounds strange. try it. seriously.

Rock Band... Awwsome.

Concerts. you chose one, she chooses one.

Just some helpful advice (I hope) while I am 3 martini's in ;)

That was my first thought. I think you gotta dump the xbox, sell the Harley, burn the wood, quit the sports teams, wash your hands, and trade your fishing equipment for gun stuff. That shoud do the trick.

So basically, you only tolerate her because she's got woman parts?

Run. You won't of course, but several years after you've moved on, you'll realize you should have.

You know the easiest way to get that oil well in the gulf to stop putting out? Wrap a wedding band around it. After that happens in your situation, then what? She becomes a live-in governor on what you do with no upside.

You need to find a girl who likes doing what you do.

All those activities and hobbies made you an interesting/fun person. Thats part of what attracted her to you in the first place. You quit all that stuff to sit around and you become a boring person. A boring person is an unattractive person. Even though it is part of her own doing, you will eventually start to become boring and unattractive to her too. Also you need to apply what we call cat string theory to women. Ever see a cat play with a string before?

Dangle a string just out of reach of a cats paws and that cat will give chase doing everything in its power to get that string. Then, when the prize has been won and the cat has the string in its grasp, it will quickly lose interest.

Thats women to a T. Once she gets you sitting at home watching the bachelor she will lose interest in you. Funny because thats what she wanted in the first place. Yes Shane was right, women are nuts. Every one of them. Yes even the good ones. Some are just less crazy then others. However in my experience the crazier a woman the better and more fun she is in bed! While fun for a short term fling stay away from any bat-shit crazy women when it comes to relationships. You will end up either stalked or with a restraining order against you.

Don't quit anything for her because when you do meet "the one" she wouldn't want you to quit anything. It sounds bad but I say get rid of her. You don't want someone like that as a girlfriend. By your own admission she gives you crap. She doesn't have any hobbies to keep busy with. The arguements will only get worse over time.You want a girl who ends up enjoying some of the things you do, but not all of them because both people need space and time away from eachother. Find a woman who has hobbies and interests so she won't be up your ass all the time. Don't waste your time with women who are up your ass. Life is too short. Enjoy it.

So basically, you only tolerate her because she's got woman parts?

Run. You won't of course, but several years after you've moved on, you'll realize you should have. He is 100% right, you should run, but you won't.

You know the easiest way to get that oil well in the gulf to stop putting out? Wrap a wedding band around it. After that happens in your situation, then what? She becomes a live-in governor on what you do with no upside.

You need to find a girl who likes doing what you do.

In my opinion you need to find a girl who likes doing some of the things you do, but doesn't give you shit when you do the others things that she doesn't like. Find a girl with her own hobbies.

Johnisme.....

How old is the GF? Young... under 25 or so? If she is young then she is not a complete person as of yet. She does not realize what she likes, dislikes or even aspires to . She has ideas, just not coherent thought on the matter.

If older then 30 .... you got an issue with a woman that has not ever lived for herself, her biological clock is ticking and you are her current liferaft in an ocean of insecurity.

Now comes the easy part. If you trly lover her as a person, help her cultivate some hobbies... what did she do in school or her youth? Would she like Yoga Classes? Art? Pole Dancing classes... whatever is out there. Pay for her first run at them as a gift. I highly recomend yoga classes... they are addictive for women, they get in great shape and they meet alot of other women and great healthy freidnships.

If she is just a piece of ass... realize that and move on.

take up knitting?

Take her fishing, riding, bowling, shooting and see if you really get along. Don't make a permanent mistake.

I didn't. HA HA HA

16 years happily married, I do my things, she does her things and we spend a lot of good time together.

I interviewed many before I decided on one.

take up knitting?

Believe it or not, my wife has (or has tried) more hobbies than I. 99.9% of them developed AFTER we were married. Your girl needs to find some way to fulfill herself that doesn't include you with a collar and a leash heeling at her side. That's not healthy for any person.

Most of my wife's hobbies include some kind of handwork (cross stitch, cake/cupcake decorating, jewelry making, etc.).

Two things:

1. You haven't included her in your hobbies, or done a good job of doing so.

2. She probably does have hobbies, but you don't pay attention or realize it.

Either way, you're toast. Even if you win the argument, you lost, because by winning through logic and rational thought, you acted like a big meanie, and now you'll feel sorry for belittling her irrational and illogical thought processes.