Sign in to follow this  
jgofnj

Is following up on the Permit Status more harmful than good?

How much is too much in terms of asking when the permits will be ready?

I received a call from an officer who told me everything was cleared and I should have the permits in 2-3 days. I waited to the 3rd day (this past Monday) and called to ask for a status. The woman said it would be this week, so all of a sudden it

OK, I will call and ask again. I was just concerned that maybe it would just make them wait longer just to irritate me.

I just feel like saying, "What's going on, how long does it take to type this up, what have you done the past 5 days while it was ready".

I just don't see that going to well.

OK, I will call and ask again. I was just concerned that maybe it would just make them wait longer just to irritate me.

I just feel like saying, "What's going on, how long does it take to type this up, what have you done the past 5 days while it was ready".

I just don't see that going to well.

Just go into the station and said you got a call saying they were ready to pick up!!!

Update. Finally got my FID and Permit today. Took about 55 days - not too bad.

Do you realize what you just said? It's 2010. The electronic age. You just waited 55 days for what should have taken REALY no more than 3. What ever happened to email and electronic signature for your references? Not even to mention the state police...

You've just been milked by an antiquated system staffed by lazy beaurocrats.

And you love it. Ok so I can't spell...

Just followed up on my FID & PP yesterday - Apparently they're still waiting on 1 reference, who did send out the letter. Also another check which will take only a few hours... They re-sent the reference request in case it got lost in the mail.... sigh.

Just followed up on my FID & PP yesterday - Apparently they're still waiting on 1 reference, who did send out the letter. Also another check which will take only a few hours... They re-sent the reference request in case it got lost in the mail.... sigh.

call your refrences and ask if they were done..

I know they were sent in. My friend who sent in hers sent it in like 2 weeks ago. I'm figuring it got lost somewhere in the building.... sigh.

When I send in references, I keep a copy, just in the unusual case that they "get lost". :roll: