Sign in to follow this  
Pew Pew Plates

please tell me 37mm flare launchers are illegal...

interested in answer.. I don't know WTF I would do with that.. but it has the appeal of being ridiculous! lol

I remember seeing another website that was selling 37 & 40mm grenade launchers. They had some ATF document that required you to be purchasing for some law enforcement entity. IDK if that's the case here tho...

Ok, so you have your 37mm grenade launcher. Where are you going to shoot it? :lol:

Reloading is really easy for them. You can make black powder blanks or firework type ariels (legally) and you can use film canisters with flour and lob them at 100 yards with a teaspoon of BP *EDIT: nvm on the film cannister, that would be a DD then* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Where are you going to shoot it? :lol:

I thought I would just bring it the Atlantic County Range.. LOL :mrgreen:

I remember seeing another website that was selling 37 & 40mm grenade launchers. They had some ATF document that required you to be purchasing for some law enforcement entity. IDK if that's the case here tho...

Ok, so you have your 37mm grenade launcher. Where are you going to shoot it? :lol:

Grenade Launchers and Flare guns are two COMPLETAELY DIFFERENT animals. Grenade launchers have Rifled Barrels, Flare Launchers do Not. Grneade Launchers are NFA items (Destructive Device), and are regulated through ATF (And are probibited specifically by NJ law)

The Cobray/Spikes/ect 37mm "Flare Launchers" are completely Legal to own... HOWEVER if you fire ANYTHING through it (Or possess) Anything other than Signalling Rounds (ie. Flare or Smoke) You now have in your possession a "Destructive Device", which IS prohibited under NJ law, and the NFA. So, all of those "Cool" rounds out there, Tear gas, Baton, Rubber Buck, and antyhign else including "Bird Bombs" cannot be shot from the thing.

I found on of the articles:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/0 ... ad_we.html

They called it a grenade launcher, but I think I read that it was in fact a flare launcher.

Edit most recent article I see:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/0 ... ed_ro.html

lol... certainly on the edge of legality here. Legal if you shoot flares/smoke, illegal if you shoot something else. Certainly has the potential to cause some brush fires which could bring on more liability. If you are shooting this thing I can see getting arrested. How many local cops have seen someone shooting a very military grenade launcher looking "flare gun". If you are smart you will have all of the documents showing legality in the case so if you ever get hassled you don't end up spending a night in jail.

Simple fact is..a 37mm launcher on your rifle is useless...all it is for is for posers who want to play "Army", or are too cheap to pay the money for an ACTUAL 203...which considering the cost of MG's now are actually not all that expensive (And yes i know It's NJ, Yadda yadda..i'm talking in general here). Yes it's cool-looking, and a Tacticool, accessory. If you want a 37mm, then buy the Spike's Stand-alone, and shoot your flares, smoke, or marking projos all day long, but IMO, mount it on your ar or AK, and you're just stamping "TOOL" across your forehead.

Simple fact is..a 37mm launcher on your rifle is useless...all it is for is for posers who want to play "Army", or are too cheap to pay the money for an ACTUAL 203...which considering the cost of MG's now are actually not all that expensive (And yes i know It's NJ, Yadda yadda..i'm talking in general here). Yes it's cool-looking, and a Tacticool, accessory. If you want a 37mm, then buy the Spike's Stand-alone, and shoot your flares, smoke, or marking projos all day long, but IMO, mount it on your ar or AK, and you're just stamping "TOOL" across your forehead.

+1. Ha, its so true. Even with that said, flares are so '90s :lol: . Its all about IR and chem lights these days.

IDK... a AR with a flare launcher potentially could be more useful than an AR without a flare launcher. It depends on its intended use is. If you are walking around Alaska and need both a rifle and a flare launcher then by all means. If you are shooting flares on 4th of july from your AR mounted flare launcher that's a little ridic :lol: Than again I like ridic stuff :lol::lol:

I don't know... A smoke grenade launcher would be useful if I need to retreat from a horde of zombies. ;)