Frank Jack Fiamingo

*** HEAD COUNT FOR AUGUST 9th MEETING ***

Hi guys, let's keep the enthusiasm going. I hope you can all make the meeting of the New Jersey Second Amendment Society at Brick Armory on Monday August 9th at 7:00 PM. Don't worry if you get there late. We should run until about 10:00 PM, and I would rather see you late than not at all.

Obviously, if you can get there earlier, we can get some time in on the range, before the meeting. I will try to get there around 6:00 PM. I'll be bringing my 9mm H&K p30L and plenty of ammo, if anyone is interested in trying it out. It's no .45 ACP, but I like it. :-)

Anyway, once I have a head count, I'll see if it is feasible to get a box of coffee or something. So please let me know. I will get out a proposed agenda for the meeting ASAP.

Let's make this happen.

Just a thought - please don't throw tomatoes - I think it would be great for our image, if we were able to get our wives and girlfriends (preferably NOT at the same time), to attend some of our meetings. After all, who better to practice our powers of persuasion on than our significant others. Of course this begs the question, who stays home with the kids...... but think about it if it IS an option. I am working on Mrs. FFPCS. She is a shooter, but I think she feels odd about being the only woman present. We'll see.

I hate to be a pain in the ass, but I am so *GOOD* at it (just ask my wife). :D

This group is going to have a significant impact on improving gun rights in the state of NJ. We are in the process of aligning ourselves with the powerhouse gun advocacy groups like the Second Amendment Foundation, and other Rights Organizations. I *KNOW* this is going to be a tough fight. No one in our group is looking at this through "Rose Colored" glasses; but that is all the more reason to join us in the fight. This is a fight we can WIN, but we need to show some real strength. It is said that there is strength in numbers, and it is TRUE.

The work we are doing will effect every decent, law abiding, citizen in NJ. When we succeed in getting a REAL "Castle Law" and "CCW" passed, it will benefit everyone in NJ; whether or NOT you wish to own a gun, by lowering the crime statistics, as it has in 30 other states. This is something worthy of your support.

So, at the risk of :deadhorse: , I am asking you to join with us on August 9th at Brick Armory. Help us to show our strength. Bring you wives, bring your girlfriends, bring your family and friends who support the rights that we all believe in. You just have to look at who some of the people involved in the group are, to know how serious we are - MAKSIM, Tony (tj462nj), Tim (tbtrout), Jack (totalabuse), Bob (smity), Chris (gonra), Shane (shane45), Don (regulator72), Tom (wraenking), Brian (bry@n), Avi (avi), Mike (mikelets456), Dave (dave545), Chuck (chalee), myself (ffpcs) and so many others.

These are people devoted to the cause. Come and support their efforts.

Thank you.

I appreciate it Shane. Even if you come late, it would be great to have you there. Also, please talk it up among your friends here in the forum. Thanks. Hope to see you. We'll try to make the meetings more convenient for you in the future.

Yeah Keith, Tony just told me. I am looking forward to meeting you. We have a truly great bunch of people involved. Once we get all the structural stuff out of the way, I believe we can have a HUGE impact. I am in the middle of establishing a relationship with The Second Amendment Foundation. I've talked to some people there about perhaps some kind of affiliation. I plan to meet with them in person at the Gun Rights Policy Conference they are running in San Francisco in September. This will be their 25th year running these conferences. Now *THAT* is something for them to be PROUD of. They have one of the MOST active legislative programs of all the gun rights organizations. Maybe I can talk them into spending some money on New Jersey. :-) One can hope. See you at the meeting, and THANKS. If you know anyone else who might be interested, bring them along, or spread the word.

Frank

Better than OK, Bob. Are you the Bob Tony mentioned to me?

Please come whenever you can. I would like to meet you. We'll catch you up. After the initial Introduction, the first part of the meeting will probably be taken up with inducting the Officers and Board members, and adopting the Bylaws. You should be just in time for the "good stuff". :-)

Please feel free to spread the word about this important meeting. Friends and family are invited as well. We want all like-minded people to be aware of our mission.

I will look forward to meeting you, Bob. Enjoy the week and weekend. See you soon.

Frank

BTW - I'll be up at BA sometime shortly after 2:00 PM this afternoon to check out the room we will be using. I have a general question. I feel pretty strongly that we should recite the "Pledge of Allegiance" prior to the start of each meeting. Is that agreeable to everyone? I'll check to see if they have a flag we can use. If not, I will bring mine.

Jared (aka yankees31) and I will be shooting at Shore Shot around 1:00 PM this afternoon, in case anyone is free and would like to join us. I'll be the one with the fuzzy white beard (like there couldn't possibly be more than ONE of THOSE at a shooting range). :lol: OK, I'll be the GOOD LOOKING one, with a nice set of teeth. :roll:

BTW - I'll be up at BA sometime shortly after 2:00 PM this afternoon to check out the room we will be using. I have a general question. I feel pretty strongly that we should recite the "Pledge of Allegiance" prior to the start of each meeting. Is that agreeable to everyone? I'll check to see if they have a flag we can use. If not, I will bring mine.

Jared (aka yankees31) and I will be shooting at Shore Shot around 1:00 PM this afternoon, in case anyone is free and would like to join us. I'll be the one with the fuzzy white beard (like there couldn't possibly be more than ONE of THOSE at a shooting range). :lol: OK, I'll be the GOOD LOOKING one, with a nice set of teeth. :roll:

Man , i need to retire!!! :D

RETIRE!!!!!!!

Tom, ever since I took on the role of making this organization a reality, I have been working harder than I *EVER* did as a Computer Consultant. :lol:

LOL Also, we might want to get permission from BA for the pledge. Not that i think that they would object, but it is their establishment

I just want to give an update. I went to BA to speak with Milton and shore up the details for the meeting on Monday. He is providing us with a VERY nice classroom for our meeting. Please everyone, find the time to shake his hand and thank him, Jamie, Phil, and anyone else associated with BA for their generosity and hospitality.

He has no problem with us reciting the pledge of allegiance - I didn't really think he would. They don't have a flag we can use, so I will bring mine. All in all, we are set for a productive and successful meeting.

I am going to look into bringing a box of DD coffee. Jamie said it was no problem. I'll make sure we leave the room the way we found it. If someone's wife want to bake some cookies (I hope that is not sexist - I can't bake worth a damn), that would be great. Heck, maybe some of you guys can bake, that's fine too (with only SLIGHT trepidation). :-)

I will bring membership sign-up forms for any new people that show up, and name tags for the officers (yeah, I know it's lame, but it is necessary for now). I thought about just using like tent signs, but hopefully, we will have a little time either before or after the formal meeting to mill around a bit, and name tags will make it easier for us old guys to remember who the heck you people ARE. :lol:

If you can think of anything else, let me know. If any of you work for a company that likes to give out free pens, bring a few to the meeting for new members to use to sign up (see how optimistic I am). It is also free advertising for the business.

OK, that's all I have. Talk at ya'll soon.