GUN SHOW

8-22 AMVETS in Jackson on RT. 571. I will be at the Garand table. Better yet bring your guns and ammo and get a table. 8-12 Sunday. I am also bringing some bayonets and a Randall.

8-22 AMVETS in Jackson on RT. 571. I will be at the Garand table. Better yet bring your guns and ammo and get a table. 8-12 Sunday. I am also bringing some bayonets and a Randall.

Does that mean that private individuals can do face-to-face transactions there?

Face to Face transactions can be done BUT NOT IN BUILDING. I have the forms. can take a deposit or go across street. You must have FID and photo DL with matching address.

Face to Face transactions can be done BUT NOT IN BUILDING. I have the forms. can take a deposit or go across street. You must have FID and photo DL with matching address.

So, is this an actual law, or our way of covering ourselves for unclear laws?

If it's ok to do face to face in the parking lot across the street, why isn't it OK to do the transaction in the vestibule of the show? Is that an actual law? If I decide to buy a Garand from you, do you then leave the show, abandon your table, go across the street, handle the transaction and come back?

How does the local PD understand all the firearms transactions happening across the street? I guess they know what is going on, but do they check that transactions are legal?

I am glad this organization is trying to keep the show going, but it seems like it might not be worth it, given the hassles, I'm sad to say.

You can't do a transaction on Sun with an FFL because NICS is closed. How they can say it is different across the street is beyond me.

I don't think private sale requires NICS, just a COE. If so that would explain it.

Thats the way I see it. If I go and see a Garand I like, and the seller will do a face to face off the property, I'm good with that, it's a legal transaction IMO. If you're not comfortable with that, dont do it........

Face to face WITH PROPER PAPERWORK ----IS LEGAL. Just cannot transfer in the building. NO NICS required on Face to Face!!!! Know your laws.

An FFL can only sell under his FFL at his place of business or the address on FFL. He can buy for FFL or sell his personal firearms there.

An FFL can only sell under his FFL at his place of business or the address on FFL. He can buy for FFL or sell his personal firearms there.

A pleasure doing business with you Dave. A very fair price on a nice M1 w/ a VAR barrel. No hassle, no BS, Dave took a small deposit and a handshake and held the gun for me. I picked it up today, cant wait to get it to the range!

A pleasure doing business with you Dave. A very fair price on a nice M1 w/ a VAR barrel. No hassle, no BS, Dave took a small deposit and a handshake and held the gun for me. I picked it up today, cant wait to get it to the range!

You got another Garand Eddie?

You got another Garand Eddie?

Yeah Chris, it's a real nice 1943 receiver w/ a danish VAR barrel that guages 0 for ME and less than 2 in the throat. Nice stock, no cartouche, nice metal. You bringing yours next time?