67gtonut

Magazine Safety

27 members have voted

1. 1. Would you....

• Leave Magazine Safety Intact
    • Remove Magazine Safety
    • Buy the 9L for USPSA

Hmmmm...... No mention of this issue on the Brian Enos forum.... not doubting you, just have not run into it yet...

I already told Tony (TJsporting arms) to keep a lookout for a used 9L or even a normal Full-Size with no safeties for me.... :icon_e_wink:

Sorry for the bump, but a thread here reminded me I never replied to your question about the accuracy issues on the long slide M&P9.

Seems not to happen to all, or perhaps only those people shooting regularly at 25 yards are noticing it. My experience is similar to what is reported here. My 9L is fantastically accurate at 25 yards using Gold Dot 124 +P, Gold Dot 147, HST 147 +P and Ranger-T 127 +P+. With at least 12 different brands and weights of good quality FMJ target ammo accuracy ranges from ok to terrible. Fortunately there are enough choices that perform well enough. To keep it in perspective, the pistol has not been the limiting factor in the USPSA or Steel shooting I have started recently.

The difference is more than can be attributed to quality of target ammo vs. premium defense loads. Randy Lee claims the issue is with the lockup timing of the barrel to the sear housing using loads powered less than +P and that it's more prevalent with the long slide.