ronhonda

USPSA @ CJRPC this coming Sunday 10/10/10

Got my holster in. How much ammo should I bring? Any tips for the noob?

bring around 250-300 rounds.

Get there early around 8-830am, announce yourself as a new shooter. Take the new shooter orientation.

Listen, don't be afraid to ask questions, and be safe.

The rest is just shooting.

Also bring water, lunch/snack, and whatever else you might need.

Plan on being there until roughly 2-330pm.

help tear-down.

Watch this set of videos. It will answer most.

It looks like it is going to be a terrific day, near 70 and sunny.

Bring ear and eye protection obviously. If you have a folding chair, bring it to sit your range bag on. Dont forget, Eat in the morning, bring lunch, and or lots of snacks. I bring yogurt and usually have one every few stages. depending on how many people come, you may or may not have time to eat lunch, especially at CJ where each squad shoots on their own in the individual pits.

At a place like Shongum, where the stages are setup next to each other, squads alternate the shooting, so you have more time to sit down and eat. Old Bridge, Central Jersey, snacks snacks snacks or lunch that you can gobble down.

Lots of water so you dont become dehydrated.

Even though you are only shooting for a few mins, as the day wears on, most people die off. I cannot count the number of times, in the 4 matches I have shot, where I see people who are starving, dehydrated and did not eat beforehand.

As far as equipment... you did not mention magazine pouches. Will be there early myself, around 8:30 to help setup so bbm me. Luis(huntingpaper) is also going to be there, and does have BBM, and is in the bbm njgf group. Now if we only get Bryan to go.

Yeah I'm in the NJGF BBM group. I'll toss you a message. I have plenty of water and hydration. Will pick up food and snacks.

I already have the mag holsters. I have 1 uncle mike's kydex double mag holder and 1 nylon double mag holder that clips shut. I figure that plus my 4 mags will be enough.

Yeah I'm in the NJGF BBM group. I'll toss you a message. I have plenty of water and hydration. Will pick up food and snacks.

I already have the mag holsters. I have 1 uncle mike's kydex double mag holder and 1 nylon double mag holder that clips shut. I figure that plus my 4 mags will be enough.

What gun?

Also try to help out by taping targets and setting steel. It SUCKS when the same few people are doing all the work and others are just hanging out. The faster a squads tapes, and sets up steel, the faster you shoot. The faster you shoot, faster you get done.

Hi All,

What time does the match usually start/end and how many stages?

Thanks,

Jan

Depends. =)

It is typically 5 stages with 1 classifier. Newbies need to show up at 8:30 for safety brief, registration starts typically at 9. Match starts at 10. But dont be the douche that shows up 10 mins before 10. =)

Depends. =)

It is typically 5 stages with 1 classifier. Newbies need to show up at 8:30 for safety brief, registration starts typically at 9. Match starts at 10. But dont be the douche that shows up 10 mins before 10. =)

I here ya..no douche here...just trying to gauge how much of the day to set aside.

Thanks,

Jan

Quick confirmation - Does the holster have to be belt mounted or can it go on the pants (not drop leg - paddle tucked into the pants).

I dont know about tucked into the pants, but a paddle holster can be used... paddle goes around the belt...

Now if we only get Bryan to go.

No rain, so unless he's got something to do (or Kristen says no) then I'm sure he'll be there. :)

I on the other hand am at least 1 hour and 15mins away, so it's a no go for me. it was fun just hanging out with you guys, even if I didn't shoot. I would like to do it again someday.

No rain, so unless he's got something to do (or Kristen says no) then I'm sure he'll be there. :)

I on the other hand am at least 1 hour and 15mins away, so it's a no go for me. it was fun just hanging out with you guys, even if I didn't shoot. I would like to do it again someday.

Dude I drove an hour to get there - it was worth it!