karcirate

My wait is (almost) over!

So I got "the call" on Thursday that my FPID and permits were "approved" and can be picked up. But since they can only be picked up between 1-4 PM on weekdays I probably will not be able to get them until Friday.

So, I gotta get cracking with some decision making. I got 3 PPs, so I have options. I plan on heading out to SS one night this week to rent 9mm's. I also want to choose a .22, and to round it off, pick up a wheelgun (all in different months, of course.)

Anyone want to suggest which ones I should try out from the Shore Shot rental board list? Or, even better, will be there this week with something for me to try?

I have already used/partially evaluated (for myself) the M&P, XD, SR9, PX4, and G19 (I think). What I want to try right now is a Sig, a CZ, and the 92FS (I am very partial to this gun right now, but that is pending my shooting it.)

For a .22, anyone have anything against getting a Neos as my first one? (Not looking for why another one is better, just for reasons to not get this one :icon_neutral: .)

Thanks to everyone who has been letting me mooch and use guns and ammo at BH those times I came - soon I will be able to return the favor!

But since they can only be picked up between 1-4 PM on weekdays I probably will not be able to get them until Friday.

Are you sure about that? I also got the call Thursday and picked it up Friday morning. BTW, I was told that I am the first person in town ever to submit a multiple handgun purchase exemption application.

Are you sure about that? I also got the call Thursday and picked it up Friday morning. BTW, I was told that I am the first person in town ever to submit a multiple handgun purchase exemption application.

When was that that you picked them up in the morning? She definitely said on the message that records is only open from 1-4. The only reason I would rush to get them tomorrow or Tuesday is if the dates on the permits started already last week. Do you know if they date them when they are ready or when you pick them up?

So I got "the call" on Thursday that my FPID and permits were "approved" and can be picked up. But since they can only be picked up between 1-4 PM on weekdays I probably will not be able to get them until Friday.

So, I gotta get cracking with some decision making. I got 3 PPs, so I have options. I plan on heading out to SS one night this week to rent 9mm's. I also want to choose a .22, and to round it off, pick up a wheelgun (all in different months, of course.)

Anyone want to suggest which ones I should try out from the Shore Shot rental board list? Or, even better, will be there this week with something for me to try?

I have already used/partially evaluated (for myself) the M&P, XD, SR9, PX4, and G19 (I think). What I want to try right now is a Sig, a CZ, and the 92FS (I am very partial to this gun right now, but that is pending my shooting it.)

For a .22, anyone have anything against getting a Neos as my first one? (Not looking for why another one is better, just for reasons to not get this one :icon_neutral: .)

Thanks to everyone who has been letting me mooch and use guns and ammo at BH those times I came - soon I will be able to return the favor!

Good, now you can get on a buying binge and enjoy the thrill of firearms, the greatest crafty and artsy instrument ever devised ... for a while, until your PP's run out! Enjoy and be safe! Wait, safe is for mice ...

btw. Shameless plug. I have a 6" Neos I may want to sell. My daughter wants to shoot rifles now! PM me if interested.

Congrats man!

What caliber are you going for? It looks like 9mm for the first pistol. I would add on a Taurus PT92 to that list. Also maybe a FNP-9. Maybe a 9mm 1911? Also try variants of the 92FS? The 90-Two, M9A1. Maybe a HK USP, HK P7M8 or a HK P30? Don't forget the Browning HP.

Beretta put out a recall on the NEOS:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/09/16/recall-notice-beretta-neos-pistols/

I think my permits were dated 9-28. The msg said they were open 1-4, but she also said I can come after 8:30 am.

Also, how long did yours take? I dropped mine off Aug 23.

They were dated 9-28, but you picked them up 9-29, right? So they were dated on the day they were ready.

Right on dude! I guess your gonna be bringing some heaters to the next meet up right?

I knew you would chime in with that Ray. I can't guarantee I will make the next one, I have to take each one as it comes to see if I am available.

Congrats man!

What caliber are you going for? It looks like 9mm for the first pistol. I would add on a Taurus PT92 to that list. Also maybe a FNP-9. Maybe a 9mm 1911? Also try variants of the 92FS? The 90-Two, M9A1. Maybe a HK USP, HK P7M8 or a HK P30? Don't forget the Browning HP.

Beretta put out a recall on the NEOS:

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2010/09/16/recall-notice-beretta-neos-pistols/

All good options, but I don't want to go crazy trying to find all those guns to shoot - I am limited by the rental board. What I really want to find out is of there is any gun out there that will just feel different (better) to me than any other. I think that may not be possible for inexperienced me. I probably need to shoot a lot more before I can really tell which ones fit me well.

I heard about that Neos recall - if I buy new, that won't be a problem, and if I go used, I think I just need to check the serial # at their website.

Picked everything up this morning at 7 AM. "Have fun."

So how does OGAM work? My permits are dated 9-29. Can I purchase one per calendar month, or one per 30 days, or what? If it's one per calendar month, I will need an extension if I want to use the third, won't I?

Picked everything up this morning at 7 AM. "Have fun."

So how does OGAM work? My permits are dated 9-29. Can I purchase one per calendar month, or one per 30 days, or what? If it's one per calendar month, I will need an extension if I want to use the third, won't I?

you can meet me at the bullet hole and try some of mine if you want.