Sign in to follow this  
Babaganoosh

Good Price?

A guy I work with is selling a bushmaster in 5.56 with the solid stock and the carry handle type top. It has never been fired. It's a few years old but has just been sitting in his safe. I checked it out yesterday and it looks good, no rust or anything. I am not sure of the exact model. He also said he has a collapsible stock that he bought for it that he will give me. (If its not pinned I know I gotta get it pinned before its attached). He wants 800. Im thinking thats a good deal but since this is my first entry into the AR world Ill leave it up to the experts.

I'm not an expert on ARs. I have however been shopping a lot and looked at quite a few Bushmasters. $800 for a New in box, pretty much any model Bushmaster is a fairly good deal. It really depends on which rifle. Some Bushmaster rifles sell near that new, others are way more expensive.

When you consider there won't be Tax or Nics fees, that sweetens the pot by an additional $100 or so.

collapsible stocks are useless in NJ b/c you can't have one. It must be pinned

from my first post.. "He also said he has a collapsible stock that he bought for it that he will give me. (If its not pinned I know I gotta get it pinned before its attached)"

Thanks for the heads up though. Quite annoying to live in NJ sometimes. Im 6'6" with a long reach so pinned all the way out is best for me

Im 6'6" with a long reach so pinned all the way out is best for me

Bro, I'm 6'5 and that's how I roll. I have no need to even have a collapsible stock, but it would be cool.