dpas1973

Tula 223 ammo

its only 5 months old with not even 1k rounds through it. it cycles brass fine.

Age really has nothing to do with it. There are a number of possible reasons for the failures. Lack of lubrication.. dirty gun.. tight chamber.. crappy bolt.. or any number of other out of spec components.

Over the last few years, QC at Bushmaster has been somewhat lacking. They seem to be trying to turn that around, but the jury is still out. As result, it's not uncommon for Bushmasters to have problems with Tula. That's not to say ALL Bushmasters have problems with Wolf/Tula/etc, but there's enough stories of them having problems, that the problem points to issues with the gun and not the ammo. If you look around m4carbine.net or ar15.com you'll find plenty of posts of people having the same problems you're having.

Under-lubrication. Weak/out of spec extractor. Out of spec chamber. Poor/low maintenance.

Depending on the issue it can be any number of things.

What if, everything is good and it just will not feed form any mag? Or as Winchester did with 5.56 about a 11 years ago, has Wolf had any bad lots? I only ask because at the range, my AR and another Sig 556 would not chamber Wolf ammo. Plenty of lube and a clean chamber. Shot and extracted ok, but would not chamber the next round.

What if, everything is good and it just will not feed form any mag? Or as Winchester did with 5.56 about a 11 years ago, has Wolf had any bad lots? I only ask because at the range, my AR and another Sig 556 would not chamber Wolf ammo. Plenty of lube and a clean chamber. Shot and extracted ok, but would not chamber the next round.

Magazines are the number on cause of malfunctions in rifles.

I have not heard of any "bad lots" of ammo from wolf. When you say it would not chamber, what do you mean specifically. You stated it shot and extracted?

Do you mean it will chamber the first round from a fresh mag, fire and extract but not the second round? IF so my first look would be at the magazine.

gun is 5 months old clean it every time after using it. It does all of the above lol.

Do you use a chamber brush when cleaning? Do you run a pipe cleaner through the gas tube?

I'm not a fan of steel cased ammo in an AR. I think the major issue is cases sticking in the chamber and

dirty powders fouling the gas tube.

Magazines are the number on cause of malfunctions in rifles.

I have not heard of any "bad lots" of ammo from wolf. When you say it would not chamber, what do you mean specifically. You stated it shot and extracted?

Do you mean it will chamber the first round from a fresh mag, fire and extract but not the second round? IF so my first look would be at the magazine.

Ok, rifle shoots flawlessly brass ammo. Both factory and reloads. Magazines work perfectly. Load mag with Wolf, release bolt, jam, will not feed. Clear jam, insert round manually, close bolt, insert mag, pull trigger, round extracts and ejects fine, next round jams on feeding. Every time. I had this issue once before with WWB 5.56. It was a known bad lot.