Sign in to follow this  
DevsAdvocate

NFA Rules Apply....

Quick question: I want to buy a DD upper with a 14.5" midlength barrel. Can I order it, have it shipped to NJ, get the muzzle device I want, and send it off to get pinned?

Or does it have to be shipped to me pinned?

Also, how long is an A1 stock? And an A2 stock, from the base of the stock to the end?

-DA

Quick question: I want to buy a DD upper with a 14.5" midlength barrel. Can I order it, have it shipped to NJ, get the muzzle device I want, and send it off to get pinned?

Or does it have to be shipped to me pinned?

Also, how long is an A1 stock? And an A2 stock, from the base of the stock to the end?

-DA

- If you were to have it shipped to NJ, probably be best to ship it straight to whomever would be pinning it (and ship whichever muzzle device to them as well). I'm not legal-eagle, but I wouldn't want an NFA item (14.5'') in my personal possession (place of residence).

- Or you could have the upper shipped to some place out of state (like ADCO) from where ever you're buying from, let them do the work, and then have them ship it to you (I've taken this route before, and it wasn't a hassle at all).

Long story short, as I mentioned prior, I wouldn't personally have a 14.5'' barrel in my possession (esp if I had other lowers/rifles sitting around). I don't think the black helis would come, but I wouldn't want to take that chance either (considering the alternatives are relatively not a hassle to deal with). If you don't mind me asking, where are you ordering from? I only ask because I know some manufacturers will do the work for you (even if its not necessarily listed on their site). Also, BCM currently is shipping 14.5'' mid length uppers that have their muzzle devices permanently attached-- though their options are limited for what kind of muzzle device (though the NJ-legal PWS FSC556 is one of those). I emailed asking if they did any type of custom work, and they don't... they do bulk orders, and is the reason why they don't deviate from that. Its the route I'll be going personally.

As for the lengths of the buttstock, gosh, I really couldn't find exact measurements anywhere. I do know that the A1 is 5/8'' shorter then the A2 ... and I believe an A2 is around 13'' or so. I'm sorry I don't have an exact length.

http://www.smartgunner.com/danieldefenseliteurg.aspx

Where I'm buying from...

How does the ADCO route go? I'm curious to try it, but helpless on the process.

Also, for the muzzle devices, ive narrowed it down to three choices:

JO - A2 Birdcage Muzzle brake

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=30944/Product/AR_15_M16_MUZZLE_BREAK

Smith Enterprise DC Brake

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=31800/Product/AR_15_M16_DIRECT_CONNECT_COMPENSATOR

and... the YHM Phantom Comp (which I currently use)

Q. Is having an upper shipped directly to you from another vendor something you have done before?

A. No problem, its done all the time. Please still place the order on-line and make sure your name is on the box.

That's from: http://www.adcofirearms.com/shopservices/

Regarding specifics (like what type of muzzle devices they might have available in shop, etc), the contact email at the bottom of the above link is probably the most direct line of contact-- and response time is decent.

Something to remember though is that not all NJ-compliant muzzle devices are long enough when permanently attached to a 14.5'' upper to make the rifle non-NFA. If you've already sorted that out, then disregard.