kenw

Kay Ohye trapshooting clinic

I came across this last week while wasting time at work perusing the Internet. Anyone here know anything about the clinic this guy teaches? He seems to have a hell of a resume, but I've never seen any firsthand information about his teaching methods or anything else about the clinics. I'm almost tempted to take a course next spring, but I'd really like to hear actual opinions first.

TIA

K

I read the book "You and the Target" probably three decades ago. I got a lot out of it then and I still pick it up and peruse through the pages every now and then. I saw him shoot at a seminar at a club many many years ago and he can certainly smoke targets. Search ShotgunWorld's forum or Trapshooters.com forum if you're dead-set on getting trap shooting instructions. Some guy on Trapshooters was selling all sort of books and videos a while ago. Kay is absolutely qualified however. Hands-on person-to-person is certainly the best thing.

I saw him on some gun show one time.. for the life of me I can't remember which one it was.. either way, he certainly seemed to know what he was doing. On the other hand, he seemed annoyingly cheerful, which automatically made me distrust him :)

Thanks guys.

I checked the shotgun forums, and his clinics seem to get mixed reviews. Some say he's just a shill for Krieghoff, and others say they learned a lot and their scores improved. This would be my first, so I would have nothing to compare it to.

I'll ruminate on it over the next couple of months. I'll probably order the video. Maybe I'll get some sense of how he runs the clinics from that.

Thanks.

K

I took his clinic in Sept 2009 and I learned alot about trap shooting. He is not only a world class trap shooter but an excellent teacher. His teaching style reminded me of Mr Miyagi from Karate Kid. He would focus on one of my weaknesses and not let me move forward until I showed vast improvement in that area. He was able to pick apart my weaknesses in an instant which is from his many years of teaching experience. The clinic had about 15 people there. Two thirds were beginners like me and the other 1/3rd were accomplished shooters who have taken many of his clinics before and kind of follow him around when he is in their neck of the woods. The advanced shooters were really, really good and some of them held national and regional titles. If I had to do it again, I would in a second b/c I personally got alot out of it.