dajonga

Tactical Outlet

On my drive to work last week, I passed by a small sign that said "Tactical Outlet" on 527/Whitesville rd. in Toms River or Lakewood, just north of Rt. 70. Any ideas what this place is? Worth stopping in?

I passed by and saw it as well. Found their website http://www.911tacticaldirect.com/

Well I stopped in on Monday. The 5.11 guy was friendly and showed me in and let me walk around. Mostly clothes in plastic wrap, some belts, boots, flashlights and lotsa, lotsa holsters. The holsters are on the wall, floor to ceiling and are in no order whatsoever, so finding what you need is annoying.

I went there to look at this pistol case...

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Accessories/Gun-Cases/Single-Pistol-case/D/30100/P/1:100:10000:10900:10910/I/58724

...but it was too small for my S&W 22a 7". I found a similar kind of case at Bob Kislin's later that day. Btw, the guy at Kislins was very helpful. And minimags were about a buck cheaper per 100 than other retailers.

Back to 5.11. It was kinda weird. Several internet companies are using the same, small warehouse space. Several rows of cosmetics, then tactical flashlights and holsters. I may have even seen some lawn sprinklers. A few sad looking people at computers. No windows. I doubt they get much foot traffic. I would say 5.11 took up 80% of the space.

I say, unless you are really bored or looking for a holster or tactical clothes, skip it. The guy did give me a 5.11 keychain LED flashlight on my way out.