Tosser

Practical MultiGun Match 11/20/10

Tempted. Is a single point sling required for the longarms?

No sling required, but you will have to control your rifle during the pistol portion. If you don't have a sling that means you will be shooting the pistol one handed, while the other holds your rifle.

As far as single point vs 2 point, either will work with single point being a lot easier to transfer the rifle to your support side to use both sides of cover.

No sling required, but you will have to control your rifle during the pistol portion....

Thanks for the detailed response. Now I'm *really* tempted. This could be my motivation to finally get a SP sling and some more AR mags.

I should be there again.

Last time out a NUMBER of people expressed an interest in firing my Garand. I will be bringing it this time, so if you want to shoot it you are more than welcome to. Unfortunately, while I love to share, FMJ 30-06 is well over a buck a pop, making one en-bloc clip worth about 10 bucks. So let me know if you want to shoot it, I will pick up the ammo, you can pay me when you pull the trigger.

I owe Tosser, so he shoots free. :)

i hate to post this but im questionable for saturday because im a douche bag and cant get a zero on my rifle went out today got a zero at 25 yards then took it out to 75 yards aND WAS SHOOTING HIGH i thought i brought it but im not even on paper now wtf i know i shouldnt be admitting it....im hoping the guy i know can get me back in to square circle tomorrow morning i went through 100 rounds today im gonna hopefully blow through more reloads tomorrow to get a zero. if i can get a zero im not gonna come because no sense shooting if i can hit anything. (im still setting aside 500 .223 and 500 9mm just incase i do make magic happen tomorrow)

i hate to post this but im questionable for saturday because im a douche bag and cant get a zero on my rifle went out today got a zero at 25 yards then took it out to 75 yards aND WAS SHOOTING HIGH i thought i brought it but im not even on paper now wtf i know i shouldnt be admitting it....im hoping the guy i know can get me back in to square circle tomorrow morning i went through 100 rounds today im gonna hopefully blow through more reloads tomorrow to get a zero. if i can get a zero im not gonna come because no sense shooting if i can hit anything. (im still setting aside 500 .223 and 500 9mm just incase i do make magic happen tomorrow)

Come early and i will get you zeroed @ the 50yd range right next to the area we will be running the match. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

ok i think i got it on used the look through barrel then look through scope on a street light out the window probably 100 yards away and it was way low adjust so should be on paper now i am in

Okay cool. See you there!

Also round count assuming no misses is

Rifle: 32rounds

Pistol: 16 rounds

Last match no one shot a 100%, meaning they had misses and had to shoot at the steel multiple times.

And as always we will shoot the match until everyone is tired or out of ammo!

Just FYI, anytime you zero a scope, you want your zero to be set at 100 yards. 25 and 300 are ballistic eqauls for .556. So setting zero at 25 will cause you to hit everything high out to 150 (which will be the +- apex of bullet crest) and dead on at 300. Without going into all of the ballistics involved, 100 will give you a good benchmark to work from. There is tons of info on this out there. Google-fu is your friend. :)

What kind of mounting points do you have on your rifle, I might have one I can bring for you.

Thanks for the generous offer! I'll have to skip this shoot due to work commitments unfortunately, but I might spend the extra time putting some gear together. I'll need to get a sling attach point, a sling and a few extra mags.

Midways, here I come!

What kind of mounting points do you have on your rifle, I might have one I can bring for you.

Thanks for the generous offer! I'll have to skip this shoot due to work commitments unfortunately, but I might spend the extra time putting some gear together. I'll need to get a sling attach point, a sling and a few extra mags.

Midways, here I come!

today was awesome....the match was alot of fun. it was difficult for me because im not use to engaging different targets different ways and trying to remember which target when from which position. shooting under stress is way different from shooting from a rest. i am joining this range... for me its the same distance as r-14 and i dont have to wait to check and post targets could shoot different ways ....this is my new range shortly. nick and joel ran the match very well. safety was a huge priority which was good. i could have been the worst shooter there taking out the chain holding up the plate, the taking out the wooden pole holding up the chain that was still connected, then shooting the baracade. was a long day of shooting. i tried a new vest (cross draw with pistol and rifle mag holder) was ok will take time to get used to where to reach for different mags at which time but could have also thrown a little more into the stress pot of the match. it was very nice to meet everyone today and will absolutly shoot the next match.

the vest i had is here

Guest HuntingPaper

Great day with great people!

Nick, Joel thank you for putting this together. Count me in for the next one and I hope a lot more people from forum will come out and try it out, it was awesome!!!