Destinydog

Shipping shotgun to MFG

No restrictions or laws against doing this. I believe handguns must go next day shipping because of theft (from the shippers own employee's). You may not get your gun back in the same box you sent it out in,, so don't ship it in it's original box if you ever want to see it again.

Totally good to go. You dont even need special stickers, options, or anything. However, I would recomend insurance along with adult sig required to cover your bases. Last thing you need is UPS saying it was delievred and stoeger saying it wasnt.

Handguns are supposed to be shipped from the Hub.

Long guns I am not positive, however have shipped via Fedex Ground to FFL's when I sold on gunbroker. The only MFG issues I had were handguns shipped to Springfield and Smith, both were sent from the Fedex hub.

Just a quick question, guys. I'm planning to get a new pistol from Buds and I was wondering if in case I get a lemon and I want to ship it back to Buds or the manufacturer for repair or replacement... do I need to get another pistol permit for that gun that they'll be shipping back to me? Whole new FFL fees, too?

I'm planning to get a new pistol from Buds and I was wondering if in case I get a lemon and I want to ship it back to Buds or the manufacturer for repair or replacement

I'd ship it to the manufacturer. You could ship it to Bud's but most likely he'll ship it back to the manufacturer for repair. If there is really something horribly wrong with the gun the manfacturer can destroy you old one and make you a new one with the same serial number (had this happen to a friend with a S&W frame problem).

You can legally ship a gun to a manufacturer or gunsmith for repair or other work. They can legally ship the gun directly to you (even in NJ). The state already has the paperwork and you are receiving the same gun back. You can legally ship a gun to a dealer anywhere but only under the repair provisions can they send you (the same one back).

You can send a long gun for repair (or to yourself) by USPS or common carrier. All handguns have to go by common carrier. I've always gone to a hub to ensure I had no problems.