Sign in to follow this  
alec.mc

Beretta 92a1 ( availablity nj )

Does anybody know where I can find the newer beretta 92a1 in stock for purchase in NJ ( pref. somewhere central nj )

Also, while the topic is here. Does the extra couple dollars worth it going for the a1 over the fs ? Main reason im interested is for the intergrated light rail.

thanks

thanks i did and got some decent responses.

I think i may go to NJ firearms guild in rahway since i'm about 4 minutes from there. They are a couple dollars more expensive but i'd rather support the local shop, and be able to go there if i have any issues.

Anybody else have personal experience with the 92a1? insight?

thanks i did and got some decent responses.

I think i may go to NJ firearms guild in rahway since i'm about 4 minutes from there. They are a couple dollars more expensive but i'd rather support the local shop, and be able to go there if i have any issues.

Anybody else have personal experience with the 92a1? insight?

They are way overpriced. Supporting a local shop is one thing but paying too much is a rip off. There are FFL's here that are way cheaper and treat you like a friend. Contact Paul (PK90) or Tony (TJ's sporting arms) and they'll hook you up.

• Like 2

Does anybody know where I can find the newer beretta 92a1 in stock for purchase in NJ ( pref. somewhere central nj )

I was over at Lou's Gun Shop in Raritan, NJ last Friday and they had one in stock. Talk to Mike there as he also had a few 92fs's ( black, inox, and M9 variants) in stock so you can compare them all at once and make a decision yourself on whether you prefer the a1 version more.

Thanks, I'll try to look him up in the morning. Happen to notice if it was 10 round or they had swaped out the mags to 15?

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to look at the 92A1. All of the Beretta 92's he had did come with 15 round mags. I guess it all depends on how he gets them from Beretta. MecGar mags for the 92FS are cheap enough that it'll be easy to replace even if it does come with the 10 rounders. Just sell the 10 rounders on Calguns or some other Commiefornia gun forums ;)

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to look at the 92A1. All of the Beretta 92's he had did come with 15 round mags. I guess it all depends on how he gets them from Beretta. MecGar mags for the 92FS are cheap enough that it'll be easy to replace even if it does come with the 10 rounders. Just sell the 10 rounders on Calguns or some other Commiefornia gun forums ;)

That might not be a bad idea, more work on my part, and i'd prob. lose some money.

I'll check out the website in a bit, what do you think them poor Californy folks might buy the 10rd clips for? 20 a pop ?

lou's gun shop was asking $711 out the door for the gun(650) tax, background check.

I think it came with 3 10 round magazines

That might not be a bad idea, more work on my part, and i'd prob. lose some money.

I'll check out the website in a bit, what do you think them poor Californy folks might buy the 10rd clips for? 20 a pop ?

lou's gun shop was asking $711 out the door for the gun(650) tax, background check.

I think it came with 3 10 round magazines

Sounds like a decent deal. You maybe able to talk him down a bit too if you find it elsewhere cheaper. You can sell the mags or keep them. I'd keep them, 10 rounders make great mags for the range. Then you can get 15 round Mecgar made mags (just as good as OEM) for $24 a pop online (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=614314) so you're not really losing out.

I was in your exact predicament in august. Around that time they just released the 92a1, but i could only find it with 17rd mags, after searching for some one to swap out the mags, the place i was trying to order it from wouldnt even ship to NJ, and couldnt open the factor sealed box to remove the mags. I finally settled for the M9A1, which in my opinion is the same exact thing minus removable sights. I really enjoy the gun, and will probably be in my arsenal for life. Also the M9A1 comes with the expensive 15rd mags(sand resistant). Each Beretta model usually sells with 2 different mag options M9A1-15or10, 92A1-10or17 I have been regularly checking to see if any 92A1's finally appeared with 10rd mags but nothing.....i mean nothing! i have all shops bookmarked with e-mail alerts for when they come in stock. Beretta is weird...

Also if your not into the rounded trigger guard the M9A1 may be a better choice, also has a beveled mag well.

I got my M9A1 on buds, i was out the door from my FFL and only spent 650.

beretta.jpg

I was in your exact predicament in august. Around that time they just released the 92a1, but i could only find it with 17rd mags, after searching for some one to swap out the mags, the place i was trying to order it from wouldnt even ship to NJ, and couldnt open the factor sealed box to remove the mags. I finally settled for the M9A1, which in my opinion is the same exact thing minus removable sights. I really enjoy the gun, and will probably be in my arsenal for life. Also the M9A1 comes with the expensive 15rd mags(sand resistant). Each Beretta model usually sells with 2 different mag options M9A1-15or10, 92A1-10or17 I have been regularly checking to see if any 92A1's finally appeared with 10rd mags but nothing.....i mean nothing! i have all shops bookmarked with e-mail alerts for when they come in stock. Beretta is weird...

Also if your not into the rounded trigger guard the M9A1 may be a better choice, also has a beveled mag well.

I got my M9A1 on buds, i was out the door from my FFL and only spent 650.

beretta.jpg

Thanks jack, i'll have to check into the M9a1 as a substitute.

I've only found 2 places so far that have the beretta 92a1 in stock, but even then. It's the 10round magazine..... Which is no big deal, i could also buy some more 15rd magazines... The down side i have to spend 60+ dollars to replace the 10's for 15's.

my local shop, fire arms guild in rahway, apparently has the 15rd coming in soon( couldnt give me a date though ) I think i might just hold out for that.

Do you feel the M9a1 is a better subsitute over the 92a1? i realize they are pretty much the same gun, with minor differences no?

I wouldnt let the fact that it comes with a 10 shot mag disuade you. Just get it with the 10 rounders. Everyone gets extra mags in the future, so buy the 15 rounders then. Boxes of ammo go really fast when you load all 15 into the mag. Might as well extend your fun time a little bit!

• Like 1

Thanks jack, i'll have to check into the M9a1 as a substitute.

I've only found 2 places so far that have the beretta 92a1 in stock, but even then. It's the 10round magazine..... Which is no big deal, i could also buy some more 15rd magazines... The down side i have to spend 60+ dollars to replace the 10's for 15's.

my local shop, fire arms guild in rahway, apparently has the 15rd coming in soon( couldnt give me a date though ) I think i might just hold out for that.

Do you feel the M9a1 is a better subsitute over the 92a1? i realize they are pretty much the same gun, with minor differences no?

Honestly, i wasnt a fan of the rounded trigger guard, just wasnt what i thought a beretta should look like, although yes a minor difference but im picky. The reason i wanted the 92A1 was to throw some night sights on it. The more i thought about the more i realize i didnt need night sights...throw a light on the rail! The M9A1 also has the 92Fs upper which the 92A1 doesnt. I liked the idea of the better mags 15rds with pvd coating, they go for like 40 bucks a pop, but u get one less(although most the places i found selling the 92A1 were selling them with 2 mags not sure why, beretta said 3). And the beveled mag well for quicker mag changes. Its preference really, i also liked the idea of having a pistol currently being used in the military. Like others have said, dont worry about the mags, you can pick up what ever you like. And also some one mention something i do as well. I have never put 15 rounds in my mags, i load only 5, unless you got deep pockets and can afford to run through ammo. I have 2 mags right now and im thinking i should have at least 4 more.

Im going to say this and really don't take it with a grain of salt, Beretta's manufacturing dates are all over the place, and will not give you a date for when they ship stuff. If your shop told you they would be getting something in from beretta don't take there word for it unless it was already shipped(exactly why they couldnt give you a date), cause they don't know, and beretta's answers aren't what your would expect. When i got a response from them when i first inquired there response was we don;t know could be a week or 2 or 2 months. SO if they have a model you want, don't wait in anticipation for the same gun with different mags, u may be waiting a while. Just get it if you really want it, and pick up some 15rd mags. U can get mags for like 20bucks a pop for this gun, since all the 92 model mags are interchangeable with the 92a1 and m9a1. To be honest in august i was trying to get the gun with NO mags cause 10rd wasnt even available, at least u get the 10rd mags.

Either way your going to get one bad a** sidearm, no matter which one you choose. There both 2010 production models too.

What i really like about both of them is the fact the rail looks like its should be there and It doesn't look like a tacticool weapon.

Looks like after 4 months the 10rd 92A1 is finally in stock, imagine if i waited 4 months!

I was over at Lou's Gun Shop in Raritan, NJ last Friday and they had one in stock. Talk to Mike there as he also had a few 92fs's ( black, inox, and M9 variants) in stock so you can compare them all at once and make a decision yourself on whether you prefer the a1 version more.

I bought mine through Lous Mike is a great guy and he gave me a great price on my beretta 92FS his price was only couple dollars more than Paul and Tony.

I live in Hillsborough so i wanted to buy from him as if i needed service. You could name your price with MIke and if it is reasonable he will make a deal. He is the one who told me once never pay MSRP for your firearm which was pretty strange coming from a gun dealer. Rahway Guild are way over priced like Efingers and Sport Randevous in Flemington.

Good Luck

you can get brand new factory 15rd mags for $20 each, if that. CDNN has rubber bottomed elite mags for 20. standard mags are even less, usually around $15. not to mention used mags come up on berettaforum all the time. just getting a 10rnd shouldnt sway you.

also, the M9 doesnt have 3 dot sights, but a dot and a bar in the rear. the A1 has regular 3 dots.

you can get brand new factory 15rd mags for $20 each, if that. CDNN has rubber bottomed elite mags for 20. standard mags are even less, usually around $15. not to mention used mags come up on berettaforum all the time. just getting a 10rnd shouldnt sway you.

also, the M9 doesnt have 3 dot sights, but a dot and a bar in the rear. the A1 has regular 3 dots.

You're right about the sights. The 92A1 has the better sights, and the fact that they are removable is another advantage over the M9.

You're right about the sights. The 92A1 has the better sights, and the fact that they are removable is another advantage over the M9.

Depends what your comparing.. the M9A1 vs 92a1 sights are identical, but the 92A1 has removable front sight. The only advantage i see is if you were set on getting night sights. I would take a beveled mag well and standard trigger guard over the removable sight, but that because i have no intention of changing the sight to begin with.