fishnut

ccw .357

I am looking for a .357 carry revolver and dont know what want yet. I am leaning toward something with a hammer schroud.i am looking for your suggestions on what you guys like or what to stay away from. I also prefer american made over anything elce. Thanks for your time guys.

I am looking for a .357 carry revolver and dont know what want yet. I am leaning toward something with a hammer schroud.i am looking for your suggestions on what you guys like or what to stay away from. I also prefer american made over anything elce. Thanks for your time guys.

Ruger SP101 is a nice DAO 357 revolver. It is heavy, but the weight tames the 357 recoil well. Shooting a S&W Airweight in 357 is no picnic.

If it's to carry, don't worry about if it hurts or not to shoot it. If you have to use it, you won't notice.

If it hurts to shoot you won't practice with it as much as you should with the gun you are carrying. A heavier gun (K frame or SP101) will be easier to shoot in practice. Another advantage to carrying a heavier gun is less recoil makes recovery faster whether its in practice or on the street. You also should practice sufficently with your carry ammo as that's what you are going to rely on. An extra 10-12 ounces is not that much.

I wouldn't use 357 Mag for CCW. I would use 38 Sp. and use a small frame revolver. You don't want to shoot through a BG and hit someone else. 357 Mag is wicked. You also don't want to use it in your house or you may need eardrum replacement.

I wouldn't use 357 Mag for CCW. I would use 38 Sp. and use a small frame revolver. You don't want to shoot through a BG and hit someone else. 357 Mag is wicked. You also don't want to use it in your house or you may need eardrum replacement.

357 mag 125 grain hollowpoints do not overly penetrate. They also have the best track record (as documented in police shooting statistics) of one shot stops. They do produce a wicked sharp report when you shoot them though.