Sign in to follow this  
Celraysoda

Secret Gunsmith?

I was at Meltzers the other day looking for a recoil pad. They referred me to a gunsmith behind the store. I went around back to a small alley and found a door that said "Gunsmith...not here today, will be in tomorrow."

I went back to my car and someone leaving the store said he is a great guy but open weird hours. He usually has some really old rifles selling for dirt cheap.

Anybody ever been inside or has any experience?

The infamous Ricky Storms? Last time I was in there was to have a couple of actions blued. And that was back in '82 & '84. I thought that he had closed up shop in the late 90's due to health problems.

I was at Meltzers the other day looking for a recoil pad. They referred me to a gunsmith behind the store. I went around back to a small alley and found a door that said "Gunsmith...not here today, will be in tomorrow."

I went back to my car and someone leaving the store said he is a great guy but open weird hours. He usually has some really old rifles selling for dirt cheap.

Anybody ever been inside or has any experience?

If you use this person, let us know. I'm one the lookout for a good 'smith, everybody I've used in NJ has been a hack.

Give George Carell a try, he is in PA, about 20 minutes from Hackettstown (610) 588-0199. He has built couple Bullseye and race guns for me, he is real good and his prices are reasonable.

Is he the guy with the Muzzleloading shop across the river from Columbia NJ?