Ray Ray

How to carry in every available state

I was just curious as to how many permits you would need to get to be able to carry in every state, LEGALLY.

I'm waiting on my Arizona permit, but I have my Florida papers in hand as well. What other good ones should I be looking at?

I was just curious as to how many permits you would need to get to be able to carry in every state, LEGALLY.

I'm waiting on my Arizona permit, but I have my Florida papers in hand as well. What other good ones should I be looking at?

just one permit, called a badge. it takes a few months to get. it's this thing called police academy. :icon_e_wink:

seriously, all the northeastern states, you'll need separate ones (no reciprocity). The rest of the strict ones, you'll need some form of residency.

Without traveling, the best you can do is FL, UT, AZ, VA, CT, NH and ME. If you travel to NV and WA, you can get them as well. You can apply by mail for TX buy you have to travel there for your training. With reciprocity, that gives you the ability to carry in about 35 or 36 states. The remaining states either don't recognize non-resident permits or don't allow non-residents to apply (or both), so that's the best you can do.

alaska, alabama, arizona, arkansas, delaware, georgia, idaho, indiana, iowa, kansas, kentucky, loisiana, mississippi, missouri, montana, nebraska, new mexico, n. caolina, n. dakota, ohio, oklahoma, penn, s. dakota, tenn, texas, utah, vermont, virginia, washington, west virginia, wyoming all recognize the florida permit, and you can carry in any of them. this is take right off the florida div. of licenses website.

i did NOT list the states that dont recognize a non-resident florida permit

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/news/concealed_carry.html

Even if you did have permits to carry, you can't take your legally owned NJ handgun there unless you are going to a range. LOLOLOLOL.

I thought this fallacy was solved with the FOPA thread?

Purposes

A second question is likewise obvious. For what purposes may the transportation be undertaken? FOPA itself had no requirements relative to the underlying purpose.[503] Opponents of FOPA criticized this lack,[504] but did not carry the day; a House amendment that would essentially have required that the transportation be for defined sporting purposes was decisively defeated.[505] S. 2414 does insert a purpose requirement, but one far broader than that proposed unsuccessfully in the House; the transportation may be for "any lawful purpose."[506] The omission of "sporting" or its equivalent is apparent and would suggest that the transporting party may intend any lawful purpose, including self-defense, at his or her destination.

Bam! Just like Emeril. ;)

Without traveling, the best you can do is FL, UT, AZ, VA, CT, NH and ME. If you travel to NV and WA, you can get them as well. You can apply by mail for TX buy you have to travel there for your training. With reciprocity, that gives you the ability to carry in about 35 or 36 states. The remaining states either don't recognize non-resident permits or don't allow non-residents to apply (or both), so that's the best you can do.

Okay, cool. Thanks Kevin. I was wondering since I'm waiting for my AZ permit if there are any others that are a must-have. The FL paperwork is in my desk so it's ready to go if need be.

How to carry in every available state is it possible?

Yes. It is possible without being a government employee. Living in NJ, I don't think so. Living in PA and carrying in NJ (and 49 other states), it is possible.

I would tell you but I would have to kill you ;) j/k