Sign in to follow this  
vladtepes

NJ Unemployment painfully brutal..

so my girlfriend lost her job and today was her day to call in to do the whole claim after filing online.. she has been trying to call since about 10:00am and was put on hold once and hung up on.. lame.. it is irritating that you can file and everything online but then must call into the office.. I am sure 8 million people a minute are ringing the phone off the hook..

she can do everything online. I remember when I was laid off a few years ago, I never called anyone.

tried.. they needed some kind of special "pin" and when I clicked do not have pin.. it said you MUST call in.. as long as her checks come soon once we get through this circus that is all that matters I guess.. just venting you know.. lol

tried.. they needed some kind of special "pin" and when I clicked do not have pin.. it said you MUST call in.. as long as her checks come soon once we get through this circus that is all that matters I guess.. just venting you know.. lol

Hey - this is what happens anytime the state or government is involved. It's a cluster fck. I feel your pain.

• Like 1

if shes never filed before, she needs a PIN number. i did it online many years ago, but they may have changed since then. they also arent mailing out checks anymore. everything is either direct deposit, or on some kind of check card. its up to you to keep track of your file days now. theres also no use in hanging up. if you have to call, then just sit and wait. use a speakerphone and let it sit. the few times i had to call, the people i spoke to were surprisingly very nice and understanding.

if shes never filed before, she needs a PIN number. i did it online many years ago, but they may have changed since then. they also arent mailing out checks anymore. everything is either direct deposit, or on some kind of check card. its up to you to keep track of your file days now. theres also no use in hanging up. if you have to call, then just sit and wait. use a speakerphone and let it sit. the few times i had to call, the people i spoke to were surprisingly very nice and understanding.

yeah they hung up on HER! lol but yeah I hear you.. and that is what I told her.. just stick it out... and she requested direct deposit which is nice..

what kinda work does she do?

maybe someone on here can help/refer/find a job for her.

it is appreciated but we have not decided what she is going to do yet.. she might help out her brother a little bit with some babysitting since we are unsure if we are staying in NJ as of yet.. there is just a lot going on right now..

If she filed for unemployment online... they give her a pin. If she did not file yet, she has to online or in person. Then, you just claim weekly benefits online or over the phone.

check is via direct deposit or... they now issue prepaid bank of america debit cards, to which they put the money on. No more checks.

Sheesh, in Ye Olden Tymes, you had to go to the Unemployment office and wait in a bunch of lines to sign up. Then it was by mail after that. in the 70s, I remember having to go with my mother TO the office to wait in line for a check, they didnt do it by mail back then

If she filed for unemployment online... they give her a pin. If she did not file yet, she has to online or in person. Then, you just claim weekly benefits online or over the phone.

check is via direct deposit or... they now issue prepaid bank of america debit cards, to which they put the money on. No more checks.

pretty much how it went down.. but with the exception of the pin.. she finally got someone on the phone and the second person she said was really helpful.. they are trying to "manually" deal with it..

just to be clear.. I have no issue with her having to satisfy the requirements.. but it just appears that the system could be a little more streamlined... :icon_e_biggrin:

thanks to everyone for the input and help!

That's easy -> Asia.

I would recommend reading this article. It sort of links into the whole unemployment thing...

http://neithercorp.us/npress/2011/01/america-needs-community-not-collectivism/

Great article, the idea of community is very good... However, it is hard to find a community these days that actually care about one another, and are concerned what is going on in their community. I have lived in different communities throughout New Jersey and some you can definitely see how much they care for their neighbors than others. A good example, when something serious happens in your community, like a fire.. how many people actually are concerned for that person in the community rather than just to shrug it off and go back to watching the game. I've lived in both kinds of communities and the ones who live to help one another in difficult times are both safer and more comforting. Anytime cops were in the neighborhood, someone would always find out what was going on and let others in the community know.. other communities you get looked at like your crazy for wanting information.

I've been trying to get through since the 16th and haven't had any luck at anytime during the day. Last year i did it all online and never had an issue, i went to do it again this year and i get a notice saying my account is locked and i have to call up.