jcerillo70

Steyr Aug for NJ???? Can i build one or buy one?

Hey guys,

I have recently fell in love with the Steyr AUG , Even though i havent even finished my AR .(next week the rest of the parts will get here). But anyway, I am still in my research stage. I know the name is banned but i was curious as to are the varients banned as well?

Obviously i could build one if it came down to it, but i wanted to know if it was OK by NJ law and if its do-able...

Also if anyone knows any sites that offer the parts or complete firearm, please let me know

Thanks guys,

Joe Cerillo

A company called Microtech makes clones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microtech_Small_Arms_Research

I believe there are NJ legal variants. You need to play the "evil features" count game.

They are the MSAR rifles. Call the folks at CDNN. They have GREAT prices (they are wholesalers), and had a special on them right after Christmas.

www.cdnninvestments.com

You should also try the price request feature here on the forum once you find the model you are looking for.

I looked into these MSAR stg556's and can find one for $1000.

I wonder if the muzzle has to be welded since there isnt a pistol grip or collapsible stock????

What do you guys think of this

A guy just got arrested for having a perfectly legal pump action shotgun in his car... Have it pinned.

Call Paul or send him a PM - PK90 on this forum, and ask him for what you are looking for.. Simple

• Like 1

I own a MSAR STG-556 Tactical Edition. I have a pinned and welded brake on the barrel, don't mess around here. People are being prosecuted on completely outrageous charges as of late.

If you have any questions on the rifle, feel free to PM me.

I own a MSAR STG-556 Tactical Edition. I have a pinned and welded brake on the barrel, don't mess around here. People are being prosecuted on completely outrageous charges as of late.

Did you buy it pinned and welded or had it done after the fact?

I have one question.

Pics!!!

Having shot one of these before... The triggers SUCK. Not sure if it's true with all of them.

Agreed, Shot an AUG back in the late '80s, not a big fan.

I did like the trigger on the Kel-Tec RFB, IMHO it has one of the best factory triggers I've felt in a bull-pup rifle. The forward ejection port is a nice ambidextrous touch. The .308 punch is a nice perk as well... If I ever have any discretionary income ever again I would put one of them on my list.

Did you buy it pinned and welded or had it done after the fact?

I'll take the 5th here. Lets just say it is pinned and welded now. If I was buying a new one, I would only get it came with a pinned/welded brake. The brake is still raw steel, still need to paint it.

Here's some pics. :)

stg1.jpg

stg2.jpg

Bolt, Okay

Ejecting brass is still going into my cheek

Thanks Paul

Ray i think we are going to have to get one! I'm putting my guitar amps on ebay as we speak...

Paul...Save me on in OD Green, ill be swiping one from you shortly

If you get one, I recommend a Ratworx hybrid bolt. They sell left and right hand versions. They are hybrid because they use AR extractors, ejectors, springs, and pins instead of proprietary MSAR ones which costs more to replace, and most likely you already have spares. Also good for future proofing as those parts are the most common to need to be replaced, and its not like AR parts will be in short supply.

Ratworx hybrid bolt

The raptor charging handle from Manticore is a good one also. The stock charging handle will give you bloody knuckles from banging your hand on certain optics, especially ones like EOtech which are kinda wide. I have one, just haven't installed it yet.

Manticore Arms raptor handle

Definitely bigger than the stock one, but in person not overly so. It is all heavy duty plastic, pins to the same metal tab that extends from the charging slide.

I'll try to install it this weekend for some more pics.