Sign in to follow this  
tankcommander

Recommend Auto Repair

Hey folks,

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic/auto repair operation. My sons car ,(2000 Volvo) needs brakes and possible front end work. I live in Woodbridge so driving to Atlantic City is out of the question. I'm not looking for a break just honesty, fair dealing and good repairs.

TC

Hey folks,

Can anyone recommend a good mechanic/auto repair operation. My sons car ,(2000 Volvo) needs brakes and possible front end work. I live in Woodbridge so driving to Atlantic City is out of the question. I'm not looking for a break just honesty, fair dealing and good repairs.

TC

I think the shop I would recommend is too far north ( Morristown) ..... and TJ's shop might be too far south....

Wish I could help....

If you can drive to Westfield (which is actually probably less than 10mi away), I can highly, and without reservation, recommend Eurosport of Westfield on North Ave, right across from the Union County building. Sean Dougherty is the owner, a factory-trained BMW mechanic, and they invest in the tools and technology to correctly repair imports. If you want to go there, I'll give you my name to drop.

-Dave

Hey folks,

TC

For a VW I can't say specifically but for my past cars I have found no better place than Rainey's on the corner of George's Rd and Lawrence St in New Brunswick. I had a problem with one of my cars (electrical) Malouf couldn't fix it, Resta's couldn't fix it, and the third place I took it..totally blanking on the name...also couldn't fix it. Rainey's fixed it and every other problem I've had since. Also, they won't try to rip you off. E.g. I had an issue with some piece of linkage on my car. Instead suggesting costly replacement they told me straight out the piece didn't do squat and they would just cut it off for .5hr labor. Good group of guys over there.

thanks for the help guys, as far as the DYS, it seems to have a power steering leak and may need struts, might as well just have the brakes done as well and its to damn cold out. It also doesn't have tracks so I'm lost (lol). An hour ride to Tony just wouldn't work.

TC