Sign in to follow this  
gunguy1960

braverman stinger

Any interest in the gun that homeland security tried unsuccessfully to ban last year?, the gun that new jersey gun stores have never heard of, or are too nervous to purchase?, if you quessed the braverman stinger "pen gun" you are correct!, it is nj legal! though I am gladly willing to place a large bet with those who feel otherwise, money talks and all that, anyway my letter from the head of the atf states clearly it is considered a regular pistol as far as the feds are concerned. Well its brand new with "holster" (from factory, looks like leatherman holder) and its in .25 caliber.

Any interest in the gun that homeland security tried unsuccessfully to ban last year?, the gun that new jersey gun stores have never heard of, or are too nervous to purchase?, if you quessed the braverman stinger "pen gun" you are correct!, it is nj legal! though I am gladly willing to place a large bet with those who feel otherwise, money talks and all that, anyway my letter from the head of the atf states clearly it is considered a regular pistol as far as the feds are concerned. Well its brand new with "holster" (from factory, looks like leatherman holder) and its in .25 caliber.

Hmm Single-shot "Pistol" in a caliber that is INFAMOUS for being MUCH more of an Annoyance than a "Manstopper" that has not been produced in ages, which means the price will be inflated. To ME?? it's an utterly useless piece of Fiearms Trivia... as long as it transfers like a regluar pistol, go right ahead...I wouldnt suggest DOING anything other than maybe sticking it in a Shadow-box frame though.

Hmm Single-shot "Pistol" in a caliber that is INFAMOUS for being MUCH more of an Annoyance than a "Manstopper" that has not been produced in ages, which means the price will be inflated. To ME?? it's an utterly useless piece of Fiearms Trivia... as long as it transfers like a regluar pistol, go right ahead...I wouldnt suggest DOING anything other than maybe sticking it in a Shadow-box frame though.

I still wouldn't want to be shot by it, and I'm sure you wouldn't either kpdpipes. Unless you wanna be a test subject.

as long as i get to return fire with my .45?? Sure. :icon_lol: I've seen more than one person shot with .25acp's over the years. NONE of them were even life-threatening, nevermind fatal.

as long as i get to return fire with my .45?? Sure. :icon_lol: I've seen more than one person shot with .25acp's over the years. NONE of them were even life-threatening, nevermind fatal.

If this pen gun ever gets used, it would be point blank and to the face. I'll pass. Now, if I were a cop or CCWing, i just might put this in my shirt pocket as a last resort.

It's not an AOW because it has to bend into an obvious pistol to fire. Most pen guns just shoot when they are pens.

My buddy has a .22 mag revolver in his belt buckle. He presses a button and it pops out in his hand. I was amazed the first time he popped it out, I thought it was a belt buckle. It's hidden in plain sight so it's not AOW either. Much more common, though, I'm sure you've seen them. Most people with pen guns shoot them once and then put them away.

The cool thing about real pen guns is that they are only a $5 tax stamp to transfer since they are AOW. So you don't pay twice as much to find out you bought a piece of crap. If I live a long life I'll probably buy one some day just so I can get all excited at first and then realize I'm still an idiot after all those years. If I bought guns all the time I would buy one now but I think it will work better later in life.

If this pen gun ever gets used, it would be point blank and to the face. I'll pass. Now, if I were a cop or CCWing, i just might put this in my shirt pocket as a last resort.

If I were to ever carry an unauthorized firearm as a last-ditch, i would stick with my littie .22 NAA revolver...hypothetically speaking, not a Single-shot dingus that has to be manipulated before it can be shot. 5 Rounds of .22 Stinger > 1 round of .25ACP

If I were to ever carry an unauthorized firearm as a last-ditch, i would stick with my littie .22 NAA revolver...hypothetically speaking, not a Single-shot dingus that has to be manipulated before it can be shot. 5 Rounds of .22 Stinger > 1 round of .25ACP

The reason for the .25 is that it is centerfire and not fully rimmed. Some .22s may be better when your gun works, but you couldn't always count on that. .22s work better now than they used to. But I'm with you, I'd take a .22 nowadays. Just keep in mind that the numbers on the box of ammo are not what happens when .22 RF is fired from a handgun.