Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

9 L.I Gun Shop Employees Charged With Selling Assault Weapons

I don't know about anybody else but I'm glad these weapons are off the streets. When I saw that stock collapsing in that video a wave of sheer terror came over me. I mean, here you have a normal everyday looking rifle and then next thing I know they extend the stock and it's like a whole new weapon, I could see it transforming into a killer right before my very eyes...

Pretty funny.

The main issue seems to be with the owner of T&T Tactical who has a huge lawsuit pending over some previous issues with the county.

The rest appear to have been caught up in the mess. I sure hope this case falls apart.

Malicious prosecution lawsuit.... if of course they did nothing wrong, and from what was reported it is not illegal to tell some one how to change a butt stock, wow! And i mean seriously, they were made to appear not to be assualt weapons... other then the FA resitriction, the rest of the Assualt weapon evil features are nothing but cosmetic. It seems like everything that was reported was actually legal.. not sure if they were expecting people to read it and just think that sounds illegal, must be illegal.

And now i smell another multi million dollar lawsuit from several gun shop owners..

what the hell it is only tax payers money.. friggin idiots they should all be fired and held responsible for paying back taxpayers...

T&T was at the Middletown show, still selling guns (no AR's since they seized his inventory - 40+ guns). He was saying he was charged with selling illegal assault weapons. The Nassau DA is claiming selling an AR with a pinned barrel is illegal in NY, to which T&T was claiming they have been and still are legal for sale in NY since 1994. He was saying this is complete BS and his lawyer told him that without question the charges would be thrown out, but it will take 5 years to clear everything up. He didn't seem worried at all, more like annoyed that he will have to go this ordeal.

I smell a big lawsuit coming out of this.

This is a clear case of abuse of powers. Fabricating frivolous and unsubstantiated charges over and over again to drive these shops out of business via mounting legal fees. This is a similar tactic that was used against gun manufacturers when NYC was suing them fore wrongful death suits until the federal protection laws were passed.

All I see is clever video editing Michael Moore style to get the "effect" they were looking for. Any excuse to get a table of military style guns laid out for press photos, trying to incite fear into the non-gun owning or knowledgeable population.

The sad part is, this could happen to any of us in AWB states. This is exactly the point I've brought up before, as to what defines "permanently altered". How far does one have to go when it comes to pinning stocks and brakes so that a renegade DA can't fudge a video like this on one of our rifles. Again, it is up to us to prove that the alterations were sufficiently permanent.

All it takes is for the local government to have beef with someone to trigger a hunting expedition like this.

These laws are designed to induce fear into the public, and is basically a way of of the govt saying "buy one of these guns, and you open yourself up to prosecution at any time we wish to". This is how dictatorships work, make so many things illegal, that you have a reason to throw anyone in jail at anytime. Comes in real handy with the whole rule by fear thing.

There is almost nothing I hate more then people abusing authority when they get some. Everybody does it, but to do it to this extent? I just hope somebody from internal affairs or somebody else with more power then that (if that article was factual) dirtbag officer does something about it.

One of the FBI's role is to keep local PD's in line and be on the look out for agencies abusing the US Constitution. However, with all that is on their plate, I doubt they would have the time or resources to address this. After a recent meeting, they have had too address different thresholds before they will consider opening a case. This unfortunately lacks the necessary scale to have them come in and clunk some heads.