chris327

Glock advantage arms 22 conversion

does anyone have a glock conversion kit to 22lr? My brother was looking into them but didn't know how good they are or if that is the best won to get. I read that the cienner kit was not very good but don't know any reasons why only that the company has bad service. The AA kit I read mixed reviews. Also he asked me if there was any hk usp compact conversion to 22lr. I couldn't find anything but if a anyone knows of any such thing please let me know. Thanks chris

Yea he's looking at it for the glock 23 I just wanna make sure its good before he buys it. He said a few ppl complained that after 1000 rounds or so it would eject anything right.

I sadly fell into the group that had ejection problems. Worked great for the first few hundred rounds.. don't think I quite hit 1000 rounds, but it was probably close. Now, I can barely get thru a mag without having a stuck case/failure to extract. Tried contacting the company but they never got back to me.... so it sits in the back of safe collecting dust. It's a shame really - it was definitely fun to shoot when it worked.

I have an AA kit for the 1911.. went with AA cause they offered the last round hold open.

I have 2000 rnds through mine and runs flawlessly.. I have read about extractor issues with AA kits. AA repaired the ones that were having problems A few years back when i looked into them.

The last time I checked the Tac Sol Glock .22 upper wasn't out yet or if it was, it wasn't readily available anywhere. Nice thing about that one is that it supposedly comes with 14 round mags instead of the 10 of the AA kit.

OK Here's the poop on the AA 22lr conversion kit.

#1 They have to be clean and luricated. Period!!!!! No BS and you may have to clean them every couple of hundred rounds. It doesn't run like a filthy whore GLOCK!

#2You have to use the "Right" ammunition. AA says Golden Bulleys work well, BS... The only thing that works absolutely reliable is CCI Mini Mags.

Clean and with good ammo they are the cat's a$$. Excellent for practice of trigger control on a GLOCK.

BTW I have loads of experience with the kits for G19 and G17/34.

Now in the past they have sold at a premium for immediate delivery. If you can get one immediately for list price, go for it!

Frank

As frank mentioned you have too keep it clean and well lubed, i actualy use G-2 silicone oil for air guns..

also do not use lead bullets a good plated bullet yields best results..

I have been using federal bulk ammo with no problems.. the 525 36 grain plated bulk box..

Good call klownpuncher, I didn't even notice that. I'm gunna tel him to look but idk if he will find out at a decent price, I saw some selling for 300 or more. At that cost her might as well save a little more and get a 15 22 or the issc glock like pistol. Anyone hear about those?

I have one for my G19. Once i found the ammo that it doesn't like, i've had very good reliability from it. Basically, don't feed it anything Federal (which is odd since federal ammo is generally good) and it will run well. The issue with federal is that it will fail to extract about 50%-75% of the time and I suspect its because the rim is either slightly smaller in OD or has a more rounded shoulder such that it allows the extractor to slip off--good for clearing drills but very annoying. Everything else i've tried extracts fine and for cheap bulk thats actually decent quality (as opposed to the golden bullets) i've had great success with CCI Blazer bulk.

Thanks for all thee info guys. Next step is trying to find one for him.

Check out "GLOCK Talk" I bought mine for a G17 from there.

It was LNIB w/ 4 mags for list "new" price and the guy paid shipping.

So if you get a new one for list good. Remember the mags are about $25ea.

So work a deal.

Good luck!

Frank

I have one for G19.

When I bought it, it would not extract. I sent it back to them. Although their CS was effective in the end, they were not helpful and did not do what I told them to. I told them to ship it back after 5 days because I was going on vacation. 3 weeks later, just as I was reaching for the phone (for real) it rang and it was them asking me if they could ship it back to me. I asked them what they did to fix it and if they addressed my concerns and I got the run-around.

So, I got it back. Works fantastic with Remington Golden. Like every single .22 RF conversion I have, it might fail to extract during the first two mags. That includes the one for my M16 that I have shot hundreds of rounds FA with no failures in many sessions, although sometimes during the first mag or two. I think it might be lube or solvent on the extractor (even though I try to get it off) that has to blow off. After the first mag or two, works great. Works like a Glock, flips like a Glock, good training tool or for having fun. Lady that answers the phone has poor communication skills but they will address your issues if you have any.

I have a friend that shot unplated ammo through his and blew it up due to lead buildup and lodged projectile. They replaced the barrel free of charge and he loves his as well.

EDIT: I also wanted threaded barrel for silencer and I knew they had to replace the barrel. So, since threaded barrel is like $130 or something (I forget) and regular barrel is like $80 or something, I told them to call me before they fixed it so I could pay the difference and get it back with threaded barrel for a silencer. Obviously, they never called me back. When they called me to ship it back, I asked them why. They said they had not replaced the barrel. When I received it, I saw they did replace the barrel. Fuckers. Good product, they will fix it if necessary, but customer service experience is kind of sketchy in my personal opinion.

i had a review/update thread here for mine that i started when i initially got it where i discussed the ammo issue in a bit more detail. A search should turn it up if you're interested as there aren't too many AA kit thread here.